Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Taking away bottle
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 5:08 am
For comfort, give him a fuzzy blanket, and lots of snuggles. He wants comfort from a caretaker, not from a plastic container. Bottles should not replace parenting.

BTW, with no bottles in bed, DC was completely potty trained and dry all night before DC turned 3. We didn't give soda or juice in cups, either. DC was a very good eater, B'H.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:02 am
#BestBubby wrote:
I got rid of bottles for my kids on Pesach when we went to my inlaws in Cleveland.
I told my kids that "Ooops - I forgot to pack the bottles". The kids were a little past two and
too young to know you can buy bottles in Cleveland. They were sad but accepted that there
was no way to have a bottle.

Some people tell kids that bottles are Chometz and throw them into the bonfire. After Pesach,
kids are over it.

Love this!! Should I be brave (and mean) enough to do this with his pacifiers? The problem is we won’t sleep all YT...

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:12 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
For comfort, give him a fuzzy blanket, and lots of snuggles. He wants comfort from a caretaker, not from a plastic container. Bottles should not replace parenting.

BTW, with no bottles in bed, DC was completely potty trained and dry all night before DC turned 3. We didn't give soda or juice in cups, either. DC was a very good eater, B'H.

Oh god, no one thinks a bottle replaces parenting! They're babies for God's sake! Some kids need a bottle and a blanket. No one thinks a bottle is in place of snuggles, it's 2 different things.
My kids all had bottles in bed till 2 and were toilet trained and dry all night before 3 as well. It has zero to do with having bottles in bed till 2 years old.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 03 2020, 8:13 am
SuperWify wrote:
Love this!! Should I be brave (and mean) enough to do this with his pacifiers? The problem is we won’t sleep all YT...

I wouldn't think this is fair to do while staying at someone's house over yom tov. You can't know how your child will react. (Unless you take along a paci just in case.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:50 am
I ended up failing.
I gave in.
I felt/feel like I'm failing in any which way. I guess I'll try again eventually. Confused
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics