Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Anxious about disapproval of my choice

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 9:19 am
We made our decision to switch our preschool ds to a different yashiva for certain reasons. We put lots of thoughts into it and even went over the situation with our ruv. We finalized to do the change .
Now my big concern is that I have the feeling that ppl are going to judge me for doing this and I'll really be the talk of the town. Im just thinking what im going to hear from my friends, cousins, siblings, gets me anxiety. Overall, I know im doing the right thing for my family and for my child. Im just nervous for all the critics thats awaiting me. I need advice how to handle it and how to stick up for myself not letting it get to me and not even come to a point to have to defend myself . Im just so so so nervous!!! Help!!!

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 11:08 am
You're the mom. You know your child best. You made the decision to do what's best for your child and none of them can take that away from you.
Your child's happiness comes before their approval. Your happiness comes before their approval. You have to learn to be so confident with your decision and yourself, that at one point, their approval won't matter.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 12:19 pm
Also maybe change the title so you get more responses. It's very vague and general.
Maybe something like "anxious about disapproval for my choice of school"
Or "scared they won't approve my choice of Yeshiva"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics