Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Make roasted vegetables ahead?

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 4:41 pm
I need to bring roasted vegetables to a Purim Seuda tomorrow . I will be traveling and want to have it prepared as much in advance as possible? Can I roast them tonight and refrigerate? Or will it not be good ?

heidi

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 4:53 pm
Definitely.
Ask the hostess to reheat uncovered

Fave

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:21 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I need to bring roasted vegetables to a Purim Seuda tomorrow . I will be traveling and want to have it prepared as much in advance as possible? Can I roast them tonight and refrigerate? Or will it not be good ?

Please share your recipe/method.

Thanks!

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:52 pm
I don’t have a method . I’m going to roast the veggies as follows:

Red pepper chunks, zuchinni slices and eggplant chunks tossed with defrosted crushed garlic cubes , salt and olive oil. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake on high heat until veggies begin to char slightly around the edges .

In a separate pan I will do sweet potatoe chunks, tossed in olive oil and salt .

And another pan, frozen broccoli tossed with crushed garlic, salt and olive.

I’ll keep the sweet potatoe in longer than the other veggies so that it’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

Once all veggies are roasted I will mix them all together to make a nice colorful and tasty mix 😀

lilies

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:54 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I don’t have a method . I’m going to roast the veggies as follows:

Red pepper chunks, zuchinni slices and eggplant chunks tossed with defrosted crushed garlic cubes , salt and olive oil. Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake on high heat until veggies begin to char slightly around the edges .

In a separate pan I will do sweet potatoe chunks, tossed in olive oil and salt .

And another pan, frozen broccoli tossed with crushed garlic, salt and olive.

I’ll keep the sweet potatoe in longer than the other veggies so that it’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

Once all veggies are roasted I will mix them all together to make a nice colorful and tasty mix 😀

And that... is a method Smile

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:08 pm
lilies wrote:
And that... is a method Smile

Lol. I’ve never really done it before. I was just planning to do it this way. So I guess you’re right. I do have a method .

ladYdI

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:38 pm
Roast each vegetable a little less thN usual, also roast them in sep pans it will hold nicer, then you can mix when you rewarm
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes