Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
The BEST thing you heard this Purim

imorethanamother

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 6:44 pm
I'm looking for something inspirational this Purim. Is there a shiur online you just heard that blew your mind?

Or anything! I'm looking for anything mind-blowing!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 9:20 pm
On this site read better get the carona now while they still have hospital beds two people have been hospiized on at Lawrence hospital one at Phelps the two are unrelated to each other

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 9:26 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
On this site read better get the carona now while they still have hospital beds two people have been hospiized on at Lawrence hospital one at Phelps the two are unrelated to each other

How is this at all helpful to the OP, or anyone??

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:52 am
I watched a shiur on Torah anytime by Rabbi Avi Bensoussan. I wish I know how to link stuff. It was a beautiful message about how the concept of drinking to confuse the mind is really about trusting that Hashem knows what's best for us, beyond what our mind can understand.

It was deeper and better put than that, but it was exactly what I needed to hear now.

If anyone knows how to link, please do so. Thanks!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:54 am
Chazak inspiration 845 356 6665

malki2

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:25 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I watched a shiur on Torah anytime by Rabbi Avi Bensoussan. I wish I know how to link stuff. It was a beautiful message about how the concept of drinking to confuse the mind is really about trusting that Hashem knows what's best for us, beyond what our mind can understand.

It was deeper and better put than that, but it was exactly what I needed to hear now.

If anyone knows how to link, please do so. Thanks!

I’ve heard something like that before. The entire concept of getting drunk on Purim and Ad Delo Yada is that even though we have a completely cerebral knowledge of Hashem, but in actuality our connection with Hashem is much deeper than that and transcends logic and understanding. So there is specifically a mitzvah to drink to remove our daas on one day a year, so that we can temporarily experience that deep, deep connection that we have with Hashem, which we cannot experience under ordinary circumstances.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:15 am
Don't know if it was the best thing but it was the only Purim-related thing I heard yesterday, and was takeh pretty good. It was Rabbi Breitowitz on Torah Anytime. He was talking about Hallel. We say Hallel when the nes is obvious. The point of Purim, which we know is that the nes wasn't obvious. Instead, the Megillah serves as Hallel. If a person can't hear Megillah he can (should? don't remember) say Hallel with a bracha.

From there, he segued into speaking about seeing Hashem even in the nistar, and even when there isn't a way to see the obvious good in a situation.

Shira Smiles' shiur on Ki Sisa actually has to do with Purim. The parasha references Shabbos. The word Vayinafash refers to havdalah. And if havdalah we say the famous pasuk from the Megillah, Layehudim, which doesn't seem to have much to do with havdalah. But
1. Havdalah is said for "vayinafash," to refresh and uplift us with Shabbos leaving. So a pasuk about simcha is quite in order.
2. The pasuk refers to mitzvos that are mavdil us, they make us distinct and different.
3. Purim doesn't require havdalah. But we can also view it this way: Without havdalah, the shefa of Purim can continue into our year and lives. So too should all that Shabbos offers inform our weekday lives.

imasinger

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:28 am
Thank you, PF! Wonderful words!

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:42 am
The most inspirational thing for me to hear this Purim was the thin little cry of my new grandchild who was discharged from the nicu just a few short hours after my daughter

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:32 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
How is this at all helpful to the OP, or anyone??

Thank you Lilac, you really made me laugh!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics