Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Is it normal to publicize every move you make?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:15 pm
There’s a woman who goes on Facebook and literally posts the most ridiculous things like everyone is interested in what she eats, cooks, that she just had surgery, what her husband bought her to eat after surgery, what time the physical therapist is coming blah blah blah. I think this is a sign of a serious emotional problem aside from other stuff about her. It’s like who cares? Get a life.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:18 pm
Why do you have to be mean about it?

singleagain

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:20 pm
If you don't care. Unfollow her.

anonymrs

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:20 pm
It seems like you do care. What about it bothers you so much?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:21 pm
It's not "normal", but it becoming more and more common. I think it's weird.

People a couple of generations younger than I am think it's perfectly fine.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:22 pm
anonymrs wrote:
It seems like you do care. What about it bothers you so much?

I don’t care and other people also talk how she posts every little thing she does and laugh at her. I’m wondering how they don’t know how people perceive it.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:23 pm
I have a Facebook friend who writes about every tooth ache every pain she gets constantly I feel bad for her and have rachmanos pity
I feel pity for her and write hope you are feeling better etc she has a lot of Facebook friends

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t care and other people also talk how she posts every little thing she does and laugh at her. I’m wondering how they don’t know how people perceive it.

how do you think you are being perceived right now?

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:24 pm
Out of my 100 contacts I have 1 like that. I mute her and move on with my life. No need for me to know every time she pooped or went to the dentist.

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:06 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

OP is anonymous here, it's different 😉

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:24 am
“Normal” and “healthy” aren’t the same thing.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:39 am
Seems to be the new normal for many people.

SoMe can breed narcissism in the extreme.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:38 pm
It's not normal but why are you surprised? Are you this bent out of shape for other people who do too? Does this bring up insecurities? Or did you think more of her till now and you're disillusioned?
Try to be loving. Today's the day when we have to be in achdus and dlkz people. Hatzlacha!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:27 pm

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:38 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
It's not normal but why are you surprised? Are you this bent out of shape for other people who do too? Does this bring up insecurities? Or did you think more of her till now and you're disillusioned?
Try to be loving. Today's the day when we have to be in achdus and dlkz people. Hatzlacha!

Insecurities? Well that came from left field unless you’re a psychiatrist.
I love all the people inferring I’m being unkind while they think it’s ok to bash me with their unkindness. Look to yourselves first.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I love all the people inferring I’m being unkind while they think it’s ok to bash me with their unkindness. Look to yourselves first.

Are you a psychiatrist? You've diagnosed a woman who isn't even here, and therefore has not ability to defend herself. "I think this is a sign of a serious emotional problem ...." Which is precisely what you've complained about.

I actually attended a presentation by a woman who gained a huge professional following by mixing her professional tweets with discussions of her cooking. People felt it personalized her. So who knows.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 7:43 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:

It's a little different as we don't know op personally..

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 9:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Sorry. I should have phrased it differently and now I've lost my opportunity, my first post not having gone well. What I was trying to get at was this: I don't go on these sites by my understanding is that it's par for the course. So if someone was really bothering me, there would be some subtext. I shouldn't have suggested insecurities, I should have gone straight to stuff like, oh, are you now disillusioned by her because of TMI, lack of judgment on her part, etc.

So do ask yourself - and don't feel obliged to share - why this poster is so much worse than anything else you've seen.

Is this better?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 9:27 pm
Her life is too boring and her pictures are too amateur.

CPenzias

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 10:30 pm
Just scroll on. Why do you care? If people are laughing at her and you feel bad then tell her. Otherwise keep it moving
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media