Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Time sens: If someone comes tomorrow from abroad, that okay?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 2:51 pm
Apparently, the restriction for foreigners is only starting in 72 hours. Does that mean that any foreigner can enter Israel in the next couple of days and do whatever they want?

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 3:21 pm
The self-quarantine restrictions on incoming travelers is not retroactive. I have a relative who came into the US for a week and just flew back to Israel yesterday. He will be able to go to shul and celebrate Purim as normal with his family because he got back just in time before the restrictions will be put into effect. Of course, if he felt sick then he should stay home but he feels completely fine and was not exposed to anyone with coronavirus as far as he knows.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 3:24 pm
Seems this might be complicated. He actually has Israeli citizenship (he made aliya a long while ago and then moved back after a few years.) If he lives abroad but has dual citizenship - is that considered a citizen or foreigner for these regulations?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 3:29 pm
https://worldisraelnews.com/wh.....+Days

“After a day of complex discussions, we have made a decision: Whoever arrives in Israel from abroad will enter quarantine for 14 days,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced Monday evening after chairing a series of discussions on the coronavirus at the Prime Minister’s Office in Jerusalem.

Among the topics discussed, with the participation of experts, were the policy regarding people entering Israel from overseas, economic preparations and scientific-technological issues.

“This is a difficult decision but it is essential to maintaining public health, which takes precedence over everything,” the prime minister stated.

“This decision will be in effect for two weeks. At the same time, we will make decisions to safeguard the Israeli economy.”

All non-Israelis will have to prove they have where to stay while quarantined; otherwise they will be denied entry.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure the virus doesn't care about your citizenship status. Israel is going on lock-down.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 5:31 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I'm pretty sure the virus doesn't care about your citizenship status. Israel is going on lock-down.

Foreigners/tourists are being given 72 hours before it goes into effect for them. For Israelis, it went into effect immediately.

Hence my question.

rivkam

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Foreigners/tourists are being given 72 hours before it goes into effect for them. For Israelis, it went into effect immediately.

Hence my question.

I imagine he wouldn't be classed as a foreigner. Many israelis have dual citizenship. You can call the ministry of health or MDA to find out

DrMom

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Apparently, the restriction for foreigners is only starting in 72 hours. Does that mean that any foreigner can enter Israel in the next couple of days and do whatever they want?

It means they don't have to self-quarantine.

I believe they still cannot attend group events of >100 persons (someone pls correct me if I am mistaken).

etky

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:16 am
DrMom wrote:
It means they don't have to self-quarantine.

I believe they still cannot attend group events of >100 persons (someone pls correct me if I am mistaken).

As far as I know, this is correct.
And this goes for any type of celebration, shul, professional gatherings etc.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:08 am
I assume he would be classified as an Israeli. I mean, if Israel closed its borders to all foreigners, he could still get in, right? Then he's an Israeli.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics