Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Lousy mood today

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 10:06 am
Help, it's Purim and I am in a lousy mood. So frustrating.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 10:51 am
Me too

Zehava

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 11:25 am
Lol most women are. And many guys too. Personally for me it’s akin to going to the dentist.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:43 pm
right now my entire family kids included are home. my older dd and I just came back from a private megillah reading. she didn't want to go to the regular shul either. said its too noisy... it's a really hard holiday for my dh. we are so anti social

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:48 pm
I love everything about Purim, and I'm home sick, coughing up green goo. Puke

I can hear kids playing and having a great time outside, and it just makes me miss it even more.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:48 pm
I'm also a serious introvert, DH is working, and I have a newborn, so we just had a quiet seuda at home. I don't mind at all, but the pitying stares from people when I say we're doing seuda alone make me feel like a nebuch.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:22 pm
DH (the one reading the Megillah) told me the wrong place, it was switched and he didn’t let me know.
After I climbed steps - which is very, very, very, difficult for me
I realized the room was empty.
I then went to the room where the reading was but missed it, by LITERALLY by 1minute.
I would had been able to get there, the room it was read in has elevator access.
By the time I went back down and around to the other side I had missed the first few pesukim
Also he started 5 minutes earlier than what he told me
He knew I was going to that reading even though it would be difficult to go up the steps

He’s upset that I’m upset

It’s not that I had to wait another hour for the next reading
It’s that he didn’t think about me
He doesn’t get that

So yea I’m also in a mood today

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:12 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I can hear kids playing and having a great time outside, and it just makes me miss it even more.

Uh oh, did u see a dr? Refuah shelaima.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:29 pm
Purim was not a good time for me when I was a child. Every Purim brings up horrible emotions for me. It’s awfully hard to get through the day.

DVOM

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:44 pm
I'm so with ya'll!!

Im recovering from a big surgery and my immune system is not in peek fighting form.

I woke up yesterday morning with a fever, a sore throat, achey arms and legs, and a bright red rash covering 80% of my body.

I have scarlett fever. Who gets scarlett fever in todays day and age?!

Thank god for antibiotics and antihistamines. The fever is down, throats feeling a bit better already, rash is still itching along merrily but the swelling has gone down in my face and neck.

I'm reminding myself that I don't need perfect ease and comfort to have a good, happy and meaningful day. I'd so wanted to feel healthy and energetic today, to enjoy purim on my terms, my way, run run running, dancing and singing and music non stop. Instead, I'm enjoying purim at a slower pace. God, wise and loving, slowed me down today, and that's ok. I can still enjoy it if I can tap into what god wants from me today. He wants me to be patient and kind with myself and others, calmer and more peaceful than the party hardy day I'd had planned.

Im going with God's plan for today, and it's actually turning out pretty great! Good thing I've got a dad up there who knows me better and loves me better than I know and love myself!

b.chadash

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Refuah shelaima!!

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 4:39 pm
Im suffering from ppd but iv been feeling a bit better this week so I decided to just go with the flow today. We joined the in laws for seuda, we travelled a few hours yesterday to get here.
A bit of background, things are not so smooth with my inlaws, often ends in me being upset but they have been trying really hard recently to change things to make us feel more comfortable.
Anyway, everything was going well until the seuda. My father in law got drunk and starting coming on to me, getting all up close and personal (hes usually super frum and tznius) It was disgusting and terrifying at the same time. I shudder to think what he thinks about when hes sober. That has completely ruined my day, and now I feel horrible about myself.

happy chick

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 4:43 pm
Gotta go with the flow and smile even if we don't feel like it, it brightens our mood. Purim is a very difficult and hectic day for everyone but when we stay focused in what's important, it turns out pretty good

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 5:11 pm
BH My only problem is that I'm stuck at work today where coronavirus is the topic all day every day (I work with seniors). Not exactly the ideal Purim mood.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 7:21 pm
Thanks all, I came back to read the responses, feels better that some are in the same boat. The day is over, I really was in a bad mood all day, I think hopefully my kids still had a good day, they did make it to all their friends. I used to love Purim so I think that makes it even more frustrating, it used to be my favorite Holiday. I am ok not being happy, but when I am moody then it seems impossible to keep it to myself and I think everyone is impacted to some extent.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics