Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Dh gave kids mishloach manos to the rebbi :(
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:09 pm
I prepared a special mishloach manos for the rebbi, and told Dh about it but of course it went in one ear and out the other (or to be dan lekaf Zechus, purim is a busy day so he forgot), and he had my son give his kiddie mishloach manos to rebbi. Sad I feel so bad and embarrassed and I hope the rebbi doesn't think this is what we think of him!
I am a kimpeturin but I am feeling bad about this. Don't worry, I didn't ruin the day by being annoyed at Dh- I'm venting here instead.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:12 pm
It's Purim, it happens. Maybe text the Rebbi and explain what happened? It's not the end of the world but an annoying mistake. Hatzlocho and happy Purim!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:13 pm
Mazel tov on your new baby!

Send the rebbe a note and say something about the mix-up. Tie it into Purim being topsy-turvy and make it a funny "oops" moment. I'm sure he'll understand.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:15 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Mazel tov on your new baby!

Send the rebbe a note and say something about the mix-up. Tie it into Purim being topsy-turvy and make it a funny "oops" moment. I'm sure he'll understand.

Should I also send him the proper
Mishloach manos? (This will be on Thursday, when school resumes.)

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I would if it's not too difficult for you.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:19 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
I would if it's not too difficult for you.

I'll just put it in my son's backpack to give to Rebbi. Shouldn't be too difficult!

Stars

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:26 pm
Yes send a note and the mm you prepared. I'm sure he understands! It's purim, stuff happens.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:28 pm
Or maybe he will just feel that your son gave him a MM from the heart and is not trying to put on a show.

I don't know, I am sure I don't live in your neighborhood with your minhagim or social pressures.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:39 pm
Unless it’s a very useful item (a serving dish, expensive bottle of wine etc. and you want him to enjoy it) believe me it’s not important to send it.

Signed a teacher and
Niece of a rebbe

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:50 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Unless it’s a very useful item (a serving dish, expensive bottle of wine etc. and you want him to enjoy it) believe me it’s not important to send it.

Signed a teacher and
Niece of a rebbe

It may not be important, and the rebbe may not be expecting anything fancy, but if this rebbe has been awesome this year, it would be a very nice gesture. Being a rebbe can be a thankless job sometimes, and getting an extra nice MM goes a long way.

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:22 pm
That has happened to us before... oh well. I'm sure the Rebbe understands.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:28 pm
Mazel tov!
Sorry, that's annoying.
But better than having given a kid the rebbi's.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:41 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
It may not be important, and the rebbe may not be expecting anything fancy, but if this rebbe has been awesome this year, it would be a very nice gesture. Being a rebbe can be a thankless job sometimes, and getting an extra nice MM goes a long way.

True, very true, but in many communities a cash gift is also given with the mm. if the mm was something they can use, as apposed to more cake and nosh and they don’t live far, if ds can take it on shushan purim then it would be a nice gesture, but not important for a kimpeturin to make herself crazy about it.

( on another note, how are you doing? How are you feeling ff?)

Learning

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:48 pm
Yes send him and say I was busy with the baby and you didn’t get this shalosh manos that I prepared for you

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I prepared a special mishloach manos for the rebbi, and told Dh about it but of course it went in one ear and out the other (or to be dan lekaf Zechus, purim is a busy day so he forgot), and he had my son give his kiddie mishloach manos to rebbi. Sad I feel so bad and embarrassed and I hope the rebbi doesn't think this is what we think of him!
I am a kimpeturin but I am feeling bad about this. Don't worry, I didn't ruin the day by being annoyed at Dh- I'm venting here instead.

You can still make it right. Hi have someone drop off the appropriate one to the Rebbi saying the other one was from your child...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No, have it sent over today

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 4:45 pm
My husband is a Rebbe. If you dont send it, it is totally ok!!! The fact that you brought your son to visit on Purim is what is special and meaningful. If you do send it, it will stand out to the Rebbe and his wife as extra thoughtful and they will remember how you were careful to send them something extra special. You are good either way : )

trixx

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 4:48 pm
I would totally send it
Sure he doesn't "need" it (nobody does) but you put in the effort, packed it, its no biggie to stick into backpack and will surely make rebbi so appreciative and thankful. Its a no brainer.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 4:58 pm
I would think he might have gotten a kick out of what was obviously a child's coveted items.

But of course, I would send the real one to him. I don't think it is necessary for him to get it before your son goes back to school unless you think it would be awkward for it to be given to him in the classroom.

I would probably enclose a humorous note in which I attempted to make some reference to the MM he got first being a nostalgic

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 9:50 pm
We don't have a rebbe but if it makes you feel better my DH and kids made up the MM this year and distributed them (I have a thing for accepting and giving home baked goods so they didn't include home baked goods anyway). So basically our Rabbis got the same as everyone else. It amounted to basically a piece of fruit and the rest was junk food. On the one hand, I feel the Rabbis should get something a little more special yet on the other hand, it's so crazy and my DH and I both work and we just weren't prepared this year.

If I had a MM specially for the Rabbi and I didn't give it to him because of a mix up, I'd definitely send it to him with DC.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics