Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Sparkly Clothing for Boys

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:25 pm
I don't have kids yet and therefore don't follow the trends, but I recently saw a little boy, maybe 5 yrs old, wearing a shirt with a pink strawberry and sparkles in place of seeds on it.
Is this an actual trend, just out of curiosity?

hodeez

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:51 pm
Why would anyone do that to their son..

RuralIma

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 12:52 pm
Some boys like sparkles. My son loves trucks and construction but he also thinks unicorns are cool. Everyone likes different things.

Rappel

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 1:28 pm
I doubt it's a trend. That being said, it's probably not worth judging the mom over it -- it was probably just a battle she didn't think was worth fighting. Freedom of fashion in children never killed anyone.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:04 pm
Rappel wrote:
I doubt it's a trend. That being said, it's probably not worth judging the mom over it -- it was probably just a battle she didn't think was worth fighting. Freedom of fashion in children never killed anyone.

This.

Or maybe the kid threw up on his nice manly shirt while in the park and his sister's sparkly shirt was what his mother had on hand to change him into.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't have kids yet and therefore don't follow the trends, but I recently saw a little boy, maybe 5 yrs old, wearing a shirt with a pink strawberry and sparkles in place of seeds on it.
Is this an actual trend, just out of curiosity?

Yes, it is. All the boys in my son's yeshiva are wearing them. Today, DS11 insisted on wearing his to the megilla reading under his button down. All the frum stores are carrying them. Strawberries. Watermelon. Even eggplant.

DVOM

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:47 pm
My boys have sparkly dinosaur t shirts. They loooove them. Im totally pro glitter for boys. Why should the girls have all the fun?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 2:52 pm
I personally find it shocking. Strawberries are not pink, they are red. The shirt should have a red sparkly strawberry.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 4:04 pm
I would put my 4 year old son in that tee. I love putting him on sparkles. Please don’t call CPS on me.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 4:09 pm
My 3rd grade boys are obsessed with glitter. I even managed to use it as an incentive in my class. "Class if you earn one whole week of having your work ready before I even walk into the room. I'll let you do a project WITH GLITTER" lolol they were amazing that week.

They also fight over the pink prizes. Balloons, glow sticks, toys, gumballs.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 5:29 pm
There are MANY feminine trends in boys clothing
Personally I don’t like it

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 5:34 pm
I'm not looking to criticize one way or the other. Personally, I think it's interesting. It was just very unexpected, especially in the frum community.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 5:36 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
Yes, it is. All the boys in my son's yeshiva are wearing them. Today, DS11 insisted on wearing his to the megilla reading under his button down. All the frum stores are carrying them. Strawberries. Watermelon. Even eggplant.

Uhh...eggplant? The eggplant emoji has all kinds of associations these days...

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 7:35 pm
My son has a jumper with a gold/black football sequin applique in the middle. Interactive sequins. He loves it, it's his fave jumper. It was definitely from the boys section at h&m so if they make it then why not?

With that said, a strawberry is definitely girly!

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 10:00 pm
My 4 year old DS was begging for a flippy sequin shirt like his sisters had. I told him they don’t have boys shirts with sequins.

Lo and behold, I found a few boys’ sequin shirts at GAP! It made my son very happy, and at least the pictures were “boyish.”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics