Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
My boys are wearing velvet suits, can girls wear short sleev

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:13 am
Girls wear short sleeve gowns and baby a short sleeve romper type outfit? Wedding is end of March iyh

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:21 am
I think that's fine.
Do the gowns have velour/velvet?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:24 am
It depends on your community, and how old the girls are. Under 3 is no problem for short sleeves, but over 3 longer sleeves look much nicer (IMHO). Many people are makpid to cover the elbows after 3.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:27 am
Where is the wedding? Where I'm from it can.still be cold then but I don't think it'll look great together unless the gowns are dark colours. Think of the pictures. It's not something I'd make myself mad about but just something to think about. Mazel tov!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:36 am
Gowns don’t have any velvet. Wedding is in Boro park. Girls are all under 6 so okay to wear short sleeve

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:39 am
I'd definitely do short sleeves on the little girls. You can always have little cardigans if you think they'll be too cold at times.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:39 am
My girls have worn short sleeved gowns to winter weddings. It doesn't matter what the boys are wearing.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:40 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
It depends on your community, and how old the girls are. Under 3 is no problem for short sleeves, but over 3 longer sleeves look much nicer (IMHO). Many people are makpid to cover the elbows after 3.

I think she knows if she's makpid about it or not, you don't need to tell her that.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 8:44 am
Personally, I think it can look strange in the photos if half the family is dressed wintry and the other half summery.
Am I the only one who understood the question to mean that? OP, is that what you're asking?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 8:45 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Personally, I think it can look strange in the photos if half the family is dressed wintry and the other half summery.
Am I the only one who understood the question to mean that? OP, is that what you're asking?

A short sleeved gown isn't summery. It's normal to wear a short sleeved gown in the winter.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 8:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Girls wear short sleeve gowns and baby a short sleeve romper type outfit? Wedding is end of March iyh

Short sleeves is fine if the gowns are not summery.

mommish613

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:04 am
Short sleeve gown are considered dresswear and perfectly acceptable to wear all year round. Many high end designer children’s brands sell short sleeve dresswear in the winter.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:21 am
My girls just wore beautiful high end (bon point) short sleeve velvet dresses to a family wedding. I was in wintery.. baby in full knit..

avrahamama

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:00 am
I never understood that. Why should little girls wear shorts sleeve in winter but boys a blazer? If it's winter doesn't everyone feel cold? Why is it ok for women and girls not to dress according to weather? When I used to watch news. It was January and the male anchors would be fully dressed, but the female anchors had sleeveless dresses. Why???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics