Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Until what time at night is it normal to have a loud party
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:23 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Where did you hear you need two??

Dunno, this is how we grew up and what most people in our community do. I don't know the source.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:39 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I cannot believe that frum Jews can be angry at fellow frum jews for celebrating Purim on Purim night after sundown. You'll catch up on your precious beauty sleep. And for a frum jew to even think about calling the police on frum neighbors on Purim is unbelievably low behavior.
If neighbors do this every night, we've got a problem. But to make a matziv on Purim?? It's just immature. Sorry.
NO, its immature to not think of anyone other than yourself and the party you are having. Im not even saying at 9 or 10 pm, but after that? Its extremely selfish. Extremely. Who is talking about beauty sleep? There are people that need to get enough sleep to function the next day.
And calling the police has nothing to do with frum people or not. It has to do with someone not keeping the laws of the land.
And not making others (non jews and not religious jews) have anything negative to say about "those" frum jews.

And as I said before, I live in a 100% frum yishuv. We dont have these problems. After 10 party music gets lowered or turned off. Its just common decency.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 7:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My neighbor in building is holding a raucous party on their back porch which is right above my back window. Until what time at night should I be patient before I complain. Understanding I have to be somewhat patient cause purim. But it is past midnight and I'm tired and they don't have a track record of mentshlichkeit.

11pm is the law in NY to stop making excess noise. After that the police can be called.

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 7:09 pm
BTW, for those saying that Purim is over by sundown, it is written in many seforim that purim should actually be celebrated for 2 nights - and that although most of the purim seuda should be eaten before sundown, it should last until late in the night.
Though I don't think they were talking about 3 am kind of late...

watergirl

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 7:25 pm
Flip Flops wrote:
BTW, for those saying that Purim is over by sundown, it is written in many seforim that purim should actually be celebrated for 2 nights - and that although most of the purim seuda should be eaten before sundown, it should last until late in the night.
Though I don't think they were talking about 3 am kind of late...

Lots of things are written in lots of seforim. Gezel shaina is a thing also written about in seforim; not obscure. And matters such as Chilul Hashem. Making a kiddush Hashem. Should I go on? I cant imagine any of the authors of these seforim re: seuda into the night were referring to what this thread is talking about. And seuda into the night in no way indicates music so loud the house shakes. If one is so shtark to uphold things written in seforim on this topic, I would hope that same person would be careful to uphold less obscure matters such as basic derech eretz.

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:16 pm
watergirl wrote:
Lots of things are written in lots of seforim. Gezel shaina is a thing also written about in seforim; not obscure. And matters such as Chilul Hashem. Making a kiddush Hashem. Should I go on? I cant imagine any of the authors of these seforim re: seuda into the night were referring to what this thread is talking about. And seuda into the night in no way indicates music so loud the house shakes. If one is so shtark to uphold things written in seforim on this topic, I would hope that same person would be careful to uphold less obscure matters such as basic derech eretz.

I'm with you 100%. Please don't misunderstand my post, I was not trying to imply that it is ok to party through the night and keep up the whole neighborhood. Just wanted to give some perspective to those who were saying that purim is over by sundown.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics