Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Are your married children living in Israel coming home early

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:48 pm
My son and his 4 children are coming home tomorrow to England instead of 2 weeks later because they are worried they will be stuck there. I am so not prepared. It’s mad. I haven’t started pesach cleaning.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My son and his 4 children are coming home tomorrow to England instead of 2 weeks later because they are worried they will be stuck there. I am so not prepared. It’s mad. I haven’t started pesach cleaning.

I would go shopping for a head brace.

I would also need to break the bank in order to support another family of 6. A robbery might be a good idea now.
They might just send you home to quarantine. 😝

I'm becoming corny.

Can your son kindly do pesach by himself?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:06 pm
I wish...

DrMom

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:08 pm
Hope they won't have to go into quarantine when they return home. Under the current policy they will, but nobody knows what policies will be in place after Pesach.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I wish...

I would be furious.

I mean I love my kids and all but seriously...
To have 4 school-less kids and two Jobless schedule-less adults and a possiblity of all of us being in quarantine?
For 5 plus weeks?
In such a hectic time?

I can't see myself handling this very well.

🙈🙈🙈

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:18 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I would be furious.

I mean I love my kids and all but seriously...
To have 4 school-less kids and two Jobless schedule-less adults and a possiblity of all of us being in quarantine?
For 5 plus weeks?
In such a hectic time?

I can't see myself handling this very well.

🙈🙈🙈
Actually, two jobless schedule-less adults should roll up their sleeves and help full time the parents make Pesach. With proper planning and good attitude, it's a win-win.

studying_torah

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:19 pm
Great another 2 adults to help make pessach, clean, cook etc

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:20 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Actually, two jobless schedule-less adults should roll up their sleeves and help full time the parents make Pesach. With proper planning and good attitude, it's a win-win.

I shall hope they do so.
Given that they have 4 school-less kids my guess is that they will be pretty busy as is.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:22 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I shall hope they do so.
Given that they have 4 school-less kids my guess is that they will be pretty busy as is.
Just daven they don't bring corona with them to the UK...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:30 pm
Their children would be schooless in Israel anyway as their school closed early...

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:23 am
Many of my friends are staying here in E"Y for Pesach. Two weeks quarantine in the US and another two weeks when they return is just not worth it.

juggling

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:34 am
Iymnok wrote:
Many of my friends are staying here in E"Y for Pesach. Two weeks quarantine in the US and another two weeks when they return is just not worth it.

Wait, why two weeks' quarantine in the US? I don't think I saw anything like that being declared. I'm not saying they should go, but I don't think that's accurate at this time.

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:35 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Just daven they don't bring corona with them to the UK...

Or catch it from anyone while they are there...

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:51 am
juggling wrote:
Wait, why two weeks' quarantine in the US? I don't think I saw anything like that being declared. I'm not saying they should go, but I don't think that's accurate at this time.

Things could change in 2-3 weeks.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Their children would be schooless in Israel anyway as their school closed early...
Schools here close a week before pesach, at least the national religious schools do. I have no idea how much before the charedi school system closes, but they will definitely be missing school.

These adults are going to miss so much work/learning and loss out parnasa wise. And probably will be in quarantine when they get back. It might be financially a better idea to stay put if they can.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:12 am
My married neice in Israel cancelled her trip to family in the UK for pesach.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:36 am
10 family members already flew in to ny before they knew about the sel quarantine rule going back to isreal for a wedding Sunday the brides side won’t call it off and the grandmother of the groom can’t fly to the wedding
400 people are invited many people have canceled some were asked not to come based on where they live

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:44 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
10 family members already flew in to ny before they knew about the sel quarantine rule going back to isreal for a wedding Sunday the brides side won’t call it off and the grandmother of the groom can’t fly to the wedding
400 people are invited many people have canceled some were asked not to come based on where they live

I’m trying to say this nicely. You have a very clear pattern of writing irrelevant information on a thread and then repeating it on 10 different ones. We got it, you know ppl that are making a wedding etc. you know that in new rochellle the rav etc.

familyfirst

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 12:10 am
2 comments:
1) I truly hope bride’s side doesn’t fall off wedding because of corona
2) while writers comments can be annoyingly redundant, there could be an issue we don’t know about
Best to read and move on

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 2:53 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Well, the newest rule here in Israel, is no gathering of more than 10 people, so this will be a very small wedding.
Smachot and health, everything else is just the frosting on top.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics