Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Working women: when do you have time for laundry??
Previous  1  2

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:13 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I don't do that much laundry. I only have one kid and do laundry once or twice a week at most.

I don't anticipate my laundry load going up exponentially with 2,3, 4 kids. When does laundry slope like this?

Spoiler alert: My laundry quadrupled with my second child. So did my grocery bill for that matter.

I don't fold most stuff. I have designated areas in each drawer for most items. Ex: Underwear in the right corner, socks in the middle (in a shoe box), and pj's on the left. So my children know where to look for each thing. The drawer on top of that holds pants, shirts and kippas/tzitzis, also each in their designated part of the drawer.

This is what works for me right now. I will adjust my system as the kids get older.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:25 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I don't do that much laundry. I only have one kid and do laundry once or twice a week at most.

I don't anticipate my laundry load going up exponentially with 2,3, 4 kids. When does laundry slope like this?

How can you not anticipate that? Laundry triples when you have more kids.
I see a huge difference in the summer when just 1 kid goes to camp!
Op I don't work full time and I still can't catch up. I need a laundry fairy!

keym

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:14 am
I do 2 loads a day, rotating hanging and drying loads. I put one in at 7, and then at 8, I switch and put in the next load.
And then Sunday, I catch up on linen, towels, etc.
When it comes out of the dryer, I immediately sort it into individual baskets. One for each kid, 1 towels, 1 linen, etc.
When I have a minute, I'll fold a basket and put it in that kids room- the kid is responsible for putting it away.
Or I'll tell all kids over 7 to fold and put away their own.
Once the clean stuff is sorted into individual baskets, I don't stress out about getting it folded.
It's clean, and each person is rummaging only through their own stuff.

mha3484

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:19 am
By the time I had 3 kids I was doing 6 loads a week. Now with 4 kids and a 5 and 9 year old whose pants take up a lot more space in the washer I do 5-6 loads of clothing alone and two to three loads of sheets, towels, cleaning shmattas. You can cram a lot of baby sized and toddler sized clothing in one load. Not so much with bigger kids.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:31 am
I know this isn't the answer for everyone but I used to have a babysitter in my house who would fold and put away the laundry. In my current arrangement it doesn't work so I actually have a cleaning lady do my folding and putting away. I only have a few hours of cleaning help all week (2-3) but this is super important to me because I hate having bags or baskets of laundry everywhere:(

shooting star

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:35 am
I find folding and putting away is tough to time with little kids. I typically put away kids clothes during their bedtime routine. Since I'm already there in their room. Can usually get a load put away during that time (in-between the nagging lol).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics