Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Shouldnt we be placing seniors in quarantine rather than..
Previous  1  2  3  4

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 7:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
everyone else?
seems to me that it would make MORE sense to take all the seniors and immune compromised people and place THEM in precautionary quarantines

So,
    every person with asthma or any other breathing issues

every diabetic

every person with heart disease

every person with high blood pressure

every person with other health issues

every person over the age of 55

should lock themselves up until there is an effective treatment -- which could be a couple of years -- so that those few people with known exposure don't have to be inconvenienced for a couple of weeks. Even though they are also at risk, albeit a lower risk.

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:07 am
Goldie613 wrote:
I hadn't heard that one yet. Do you remember where you read it?

www.washingtonpost.com › coronavirus-china-updates › 2020/02/22
Feb 22, 2020 - On Thursday, authorities reported that a man in Hubei had tested positive for coronavirus after what appeared to be a 38-day incubation period ...

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:51 am
SixOfWands wrote:
So,
    every person with asthma or any other breathing issues

every diabetic

every person with heart disease

every person with high blood pressure

every person with other health issues

every person over the age of 55

should lock themselves up until there is an effective treatment -- which could be a couple of years -- so that those few people with known exposure don't have to be inconvenienced for a couple of weeks. Even though they are also at risk, albeit a lower risk.

Because many people who are exposed probably won't quarantine themselves, older people should probably take reasonable precautions. I did my Shabbos food shopping this morning while the store was quiet. There is a l'chaim tonight of someone that we know but we don't think it is safe for us to go. I bought a few new things for Yom tov online rather than going shopping. I am wary of going to the library and taking books that are handled by the public so I will have to manage with the books in the house.

One of the issues is that many people can't afford not to work for 2 weeks or even a few days so they can't afford, unfortunately, to care about those who they might infect.

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:22 am
southernbubby wrote:
Because many people who are exposed probably won't quarantine themselves, older people should probably take reasonable precautions. I did my Shabbos food shopping this morning while the store was quiet. There is a l'chaim tonight of someone that we know but we don't think it is safe for us to go. I bought a few new things for Yom tov online rather than going shopping. I am wary of going to the library and taking books that are handled by the public so I will have to manage with the books in the house.

One of the issues is that many people can't afford not to work for 2 weeks or even a few days so they can't afford, unfortunately, to care about those who they might infect.

I tried to do my shopping early too, but it was already so hectic that two women were about five seconds away from a fist fight. I grabbed whatever I really needed, got on line, and got out of there!

southernbubby

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:40 am
mamma llama wrote:
I tried to do my shopping early too, but it was already so hectic that two women were about five seconds away from a fist fight. I grabbed whatever I really needed, got on line, and got out of there!

Is that store in a dangerous neighborhood? Is grocery delivery possible there?

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:26 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Is that store in a dangerous neighborhood? Is grocery delivery possible there?

Not dangerous as of now, B"H. Although the customers seemed a little dangerous to me! I dont want to see
Grocery delivery is available technically, but from previous experience, I'd say it's unreliable. (It doesn't come when it says it will; if items are out of stock, they don't contact you; they tack on extra charges in an email AFTER you've already confirmed your order...)
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics