Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Satmar doing an early bein hazmanim, tnx corona...

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:54 am
Satmar Rebbe announced tonight at shushan Purim tish that all bochurim from Europe and Eretz Yisroel should fly home immediately, effective now, out of fear of them staying stuck in the US once a real travel ban goes in effect and in case of a corona outbreak in yeshiva.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Satmar Rebbe announced tonight at shushan Purim tish that all bochurim from Europe and Eretz Yisroel should fly home immediately, effective now, out of fear of them staying stuck in the US once a real travel ban goes in effect and in case of a corona outbreak in yeshiva.

Goodness gracious
I thought he only called home the Bochurim from Isreal! I didnt realize it works both ways!!
Oh my!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:42 am
why are we singling out satmar.
My husband is a Rebbe in a MO Yeshiva. Everybody is scrambling to go home.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:19 am
What's this got to do with satmar? All over the U.S. and Europe boys are flying home before they get stuck.

Elfrida

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:25 am
I suppose that others are flying (or not) on their own/their parents initiative, whereas Satmar has made it a formal directive.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:36 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Kol hakavod to him. He's prudently engaging in social distancing, which b'li ayin hara may help slow the spread of contagion in his yeshiva.

IMNSHO, its wonderful to hear such responsibility within the Jewish community. May everyone remain healthy and safe.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:47 am
Elfrida wrote:
I suppose that others are flying (or not) on their own/their parents initiative, whereas Satmar has made it a formal directive.

Many yeshivos and seminaries are sending students home. They just don’t have the same organizational structure as a chassidus, with one person at the helm.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:48 am
It's not only Satmer. Viznits bachurim in Israel are coming home this week. I think the parents are glad to have them home.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:50 am
I have a nephew learning in Israel from USA. He was going to come home for pesach and was thinking to come home early.
Travel agent didn’t think it made sense to change ticket.
Israel has the tightest rules and less cases.
Flights will still fly.
Tickets to come home are sky high now.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:05 pm
They are smart to avoid the thirty cases that sar in the Bronx have
The high school
Mo high school

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:27 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I have a nephew learning in Israel from USA. He was going to come home for pesach and was thinking to come home early.
Travel agent didn’t think it made sense to change ticket.
Israel has the tightest rules and less cases.
Flights will still fly.
Tickets to come home are sky high now.

The problem is his flight might get cancelled.
My son is coming home next week because his flight through Europe was cancelled.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:56 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
The problem is his flight might get cancelled.
My son is coming home next week because his flight through Europe was cancelled.

Travel agent claims flights will still be going. Unless you need a specific date you will get a flight. There shouldn t be fear of being stranded.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:00 pm
Travel agent claims flights will still be going. Unless you need a specific date you will get a flight. There shouldn t be fear of being stranded.

Travel agents don’t know.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:01 pm
Dh is a travel agent and is busy all day every day just with this

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:15 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
They are smart to avoid the thirty cases that sar in the Bronx have
The high school
Mo high school

You have said that -- anonymously -- about a dozen times now. I haven't seen a source, and I have looked. Now it sounds like you're happy that 30 teenagers have a potentially fatal disease. While hiding behind amother.

cnc

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:39 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You have said that -- anonymously -- about a dozen times now. I haven't seen a source, and I have looked. Now it sounds like you're happy that 30 teenagers have a potentially fatal disease. While hiding behind amother.

SAR has 29 cases associated with their institution. That number is not for teenagers. It includes parents, faculty and staff . It’s all over the news and I have relatives there who have confirmed it.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 2:02 pm

How does the travel agent know what the future will bring? And you also don’t know if by that time there will be a mandatory 2 week quarantine for anyone coming from Israel. It’s definitely a more responsible decision to try and get everyone home ASAP.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 4:42 pm
My son is in a chabad Yeshiva in Europe. All his roommates are american. (he is not) Last night he and his roommates went to sleep. This morning, my son woke up to find all the other boys gone and the beds stripped. In the middle of the night, Trump announced his travel ban. All the boys parents quickly scrambled to find them flights and they all left early in the morning to fly back to the USA. Without waking my son.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:45 pm
Air canada canceled all flights from Israel to Toronto as of March 17. Again, I don’t see how a travel agent can tell someone what the future will bring.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:49 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
My son is in a chabad Yeshiva in Europe. All his roommates are american. (he is not) Last night he and his roommates went to sleep. This morning, my son woke up to find all the other boys gone and the beds stripped. In the middle of the night, Trump announced his travel ban. All the boys parents quickly scrambled to find them flights and they all left early in the morning to fly back to the USA. Without waking my son.

I'm a little bit jealous at his ability to sleep so well!
LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics