Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you bringing your seminary daughters home?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:31 am
DD was supposed to stay in EY for Pesach, and her seminary is not closing, but the principal told them today that they don't know what will be from day to day (new laws about gatherings etc), don't have facilities to put girls in quarantine, don't know if they'll be able to go to families for Pesach, and don't know if they'll be able to reopen after Pesach.

I do have family in EY, so DD would have places to go, but she really wants to come home at this point. What are other parents in this situation doing?

groovy1224

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:34 am
I don't have a daughter in seminary, but I would bring her home now. You don't know when they will announce the next travel ban, and then end up having to scramble to get her on a flight.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:09 pm
No brainer. Bring her home yesterday. I have brothers in yeshiva with a flight home next week and my mom is trying to get them home before Shabbos.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:13 pm
I have a niece in E"Y whom I'm very close to. I actually think she should stay there. I think E"Y is taking good measures to protect people there. It's a smaller country than the US. And I have 4 married brothers there so she wouldn't be left hanging.

As of now, though, she has a ticket to come home for Pesach, with a stopover in Moscow. I wonder if that will get cancelled (like her previous ticket did, which as thru Rome.)

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:22 pm
Why would flights connecting via Moscow e cancelled? Isn't Russia one of the countries with very low levels of coronavirus?

DrMom

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 1:36 pm
Well the US banned incoming flights from Europe. So if she is flying from Israel to the US via a connection in Europe, the second leg of the flight may be cancelled.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 3:02 pm
DrMom wrote:
Well the US banned incoming flights from Europe. So if she is flying from Israel to the US via a connection in Europe, the second leg of the flight may be cancelled.

that's what scares me....another reason I think she should stay there. I'd rather she be in E"Y for Pesach than Moscow.

lovingmommy3417

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:39 pm
My younger brother and sister both came home this week.

lovingmommy3417

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:40 pm
Chayalle wrote:
that's what scares me....another reason I think she should stay there. I'd rather she be in E"Y for Pesach than Moscow.

You just have to get a flight with no stop overs

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:42 pm
My brother is coming home on Sunday. He has a direct flight bh. I did see a text going around with someone who is trying to charter a plane for people who cannot get flights to come home.

Shuly

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:48 pm
If she has a place to stay, let her stay in Israel.
The girls whose schools closed are so upset. They have to scramble to book tickets that are starting at $1500 for one way.
The parents are not getting their money back, the teachers are not getting paid anymore and the owners of the seminaries just made a mint by closing down!

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:49 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Why would flights connecting via Moscow e cancelled? Isn't Russia one of the countries with very low levels of coronavirus?

Russia is not a schengen country so people can still fly to the USA from there. But who knows what will happen next week or tomorrow or in 10 minutes.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:49 pm
https://vosizneias.com/2020/03.....home/

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:50 pm
"We are trying to coordinate an additional flight from ElAl to be chartered for students who would like to make sure that they fly home before additional flights are cancelled.

The flight can be arranged by Rabbi Zecharya Greenwald from Meohr Seminary. It would hopefully be early Sunday morning March 15. The struggle is being able to fully book the flight to pay for the fee of getting the plane.

Please contact Mrs. Dina Schoonmaker at: dinaschoonmaker2@gmail.com with the subject being:

Boys Yeshiva Flight

Include this additional information:

Full name

Date of birth"

tichellady

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:08 pm
I would keep her there unless she really wants to be home.

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:30 pm
DrMom wrote:

AFAIK, the US banned incoming non citizen travellers from Europe. US citizens are not banned from flying to the US from Europe.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:41 pm
imasinger wrote:
AFAIK, the US banned incoming non citizen travellers from Europe. US citizens are not banned from flying to the US from Europe.

Speaking from experience, airlines have cancelling flights left and right even before the ban on non citizens entering from EU. And consolidating by moving passengers to alternative flights, which may be a week later. And not answering their phone lines!

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:12 pm
My sister's seminary just closed.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:21 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
My sister's seminary just closed.

Which one? Did they close for the year?

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
"We are trying to coordinate an additional flight from ElAl to be chartered for students who would like to make sure that they fly home before additional flights are cancelled.

The flight can be arranged by Rabbi Zecharya Greenwald from Meohr Seminary. It would hopefully be early Sunday morning March 15. The struggle is being able to fully book the flight to pay for the fee of getting the plane.

Please contact Mrs. Dina Schoonmaker at: dinaschoonmaker2@gmail.com with the subject being:

Boys Yeshiva Flight

Include this additional information:

Full name

Date of birth"

I just emailed the address in this post and and got an auto reply that she's not involved in arranging the flight!!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics