Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you remember a virus or flu that was this bad?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

mig100

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:26 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
huh? Scratching Head

I have explained my post further

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:39 pm
small bean wrote:
Look at italys flu numbers in january.

Welcome to socialized medicine.

Youngest death in italy is 55. Had previous health issues. This is not really killing people more than the swine flu. The people who are dying would die from swine flu as well. This does not make their deaths not sad, it just doesn't warrent warrant panic.

Regarding iran, doesn't concern me much how they deal with graves, they are not a civilized country.

There are still less cases world wide, 6 weeks in to this than the flu cases and deaths in a month worldwide. I'm not worried and beleive in 2 weeks, people will be so sick of the panic that it will go back to the same as swine flu. Which was basically be normal. Take care of yourself. Stay home if your sick and live life.

Huh? The number of flu deaths in Italy between October and January were 240 in total. And now they're having TWO HUNDRED EVERY DAY. Not sure how you're equating the two.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:42 pm
And do you realize that something as small as asthma is considered 'had previous health issues'? Do those people have any less right to live?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:44 pm
small bean wrote:

Regarding iran, doesn't concern me much how they deal with graves, they are not a civilized country.

The point is not about how they're dealing with burying with people. Mass graves means that thousands are dying (because they didn't take any of the preventative measures that you would like us to get rid of) and this is their way of covering it up.

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:45 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Huh? The number of flu deaths in Italy since beginning of October are 240 in total. And now they're having TWO HUNDRED EVERY DAY. Not sure how you're equating the two.

I didnt say deaths. I said flu cases. In one week in january were were 488k cases of flu.

This is not spreading like the flu in italy was my point.

The reason there were few deaths is because high risk and elderly patients get the flu shot.

I didn't say this is equal to the flu. What I did say was this is not worse than swine flu. If you look at 2009 Swine flu, thr numbers were much higher before anyone blinked on eye. The US didn't respond at all until there were 1k deaths and actually I appreciate that from The obama admin. I think this is craziness.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:46 pm
small bean wrote:
The US didn't respond at all until there were 1k deaths and actually I appreciate that from The obama admin. I think this is craziness.

I guess most of us value life more than you do.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:47 pm
small bean wrote:

This is not spreading like the flu in italy was my point.

It isn't spreading like that because the entire country is in lockdown.

Are you even keeping up with the news? And does the fact that 200 are dying from this daily not mean anything to you regardless of how many cases of any other illness there is?

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:48 pm
And do you realize that something as small as asthma is considered 'had previous health issues'? Do those people have any less right to live?

My daughter has asthma. I'm still not panicking. And I don't think it as right to live. People die all the time. High risk people should be taking extra precaution all the time not just during a pandemic.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:50 pm
small bean wrote:
My daughter has asthma. I'm still not panicking. And I don't think it as right to live. People die all the time. High risk people should be taking extra precaution all the time not just during a pandemic.

I'm not panicking either. I'm taking precautions so that people don't lose their lives unnecessarily.

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:53 pm
It isn't spreading like that because the entire country is in lockdown.

Are you even keeping up with the news? And does the fact that 200 are dying from this daily not mean anything to you regardless of how many cases of any other illness there is?

That is not the only reason at all and yes I follow the news and think people are crazy. It is dropping as weather warms as previoscorona viruses have done. It also hasn't spread to the southern hemisphere because it is warm there. The cases they have are all imported.

200 deaths a day don't scare me when we are not testing everyone and likely the death rate is in the .5% rate like we see in south korea.

This is not to say do nothing, but it is to say swine flu wasn't less bad and we didn't panic.

Anyone comparing the two will tell you that we are more prepare now then we were then and were not expecting to have 28k people die in the US at this time. If you didn't panic then, why are you worried now?

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:55 pm
I'm not panicking either. I'm taking precautions so that people don't lose their lives unnecessarily.

I didn't sany not to take precautions although if you are regularly hygienic you don't need to do anything different. I said it is not worse than swine flue and also that life can still go on.

There is no other active conversation on this site except corona. How pathetic is that.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:59 pm
small bean wrote:
That is not the only reason at all and yes I follow the news and think people are crazy. It is dropping as weather warms as previoscorona viruses have done. It also hasn't spread to the southern hemisphere because it is warm there. The cases they have are all imported.

200 deaths a day don't scare me when we are not testing everyone and likely the death rate is in the .5% rate like we see in south korea.

This is not to say do nothing, but it is to say swine flu wasn't less bad and we didn't panic.

Anyone comparing the two will tell you that we are more prepare now then we were then and were not expecting to have 28k people die in the US at this time. If you didn't panic then, why are you worried now?

Are you deliberately being obtuse? Again, the reason there is "only" 200 daily deaths is because the entire country is under lock-down. This has nothing to do with panic, but with the situation necessitating drastic action in order to stem the spread. So better to enact precautions now worldwide even before it gets to that stage. Why wait for people to die first? Banging head

And I don't know why you keep touting that 28K died from the swine flu in the US. It was less than half of that.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:03 pm
small bean wrote:
I didn't sany not to take precautions although if you are regularly hygienic you don't need to do anything different. I said it is not worse than swine flue and also that life can still go on.

There is no other active conversation on this site except corona. How pathetic is that.
Oh yes oh yes.

Purim and tznius and Purim and the dil.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:03 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
I don’t personally Rem anything like this, but historians say it’s similar to Spanish flu of 1918 .

Coronavirus is NOT at all like Spanish Flu of 1918 which killed Healthy Young Adults. Coronavirus is only dangerous to old and sick. It is less dangerous for children than regular seasonal flu.

small bean

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Oh yes oh yes.

Purim and tznius and Purim and the dil.

I missed those. On my political sites they are talking about iran air strike that is taking place now. Finally a new topic

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:08 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Can't be much of a conscience if they're okay with causing the deaths of children.

Vaccines also cause deaths of children. US Government Vaccine Court pays out awards for deaths caused by vaccines.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:10 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Coronavirus is NOT at all like Spanish Flu of 1918 which killed Healthy Young Adults. Coronavirus is only dangerous to old and sick. It is less dangerous for children than regular seasonal flu.

So whats the conspiracy theory?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:13 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

So you're saying that healthy young adults deserve to live more than over 65's?

The callousness and disregard for life on this board is appalling.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:33 pm
#BestBubby wrote:

You know AIDS and hepatitis and measles and pertussis also primarily kills the ild and sick.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:44 pm
small bean wrote:

Again misrepresenting facts. Australia, for example, has plenty of their own instances of community transmission.

And yes, we're hoping the heat will temper it down somewhat though this is a new virus with no precedent so no one can be sure. Though that's exactly why we're trying to delay the peak to the summer to try minimize the number of deaths.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics