Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best stroller for in and out of car

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:10 pm
Is a doona the best and easiest one? Looking into options for a newborn

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:12 pm
The doona is a car seat. It’s great but it’s not a stroller. It’s not meant for trips to the mall more like short errands.

I’d recommend the bugaboo bee. It’s light and super easy to setup.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:13 pm
Doona is not a stroller, it's a car seat that has wheels for pushing around out of the car. So if you're looking for a real stroller, that won't work.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:14 pm
Cybex Priam with the lux seat

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:18 pm
Right. Sorry didn't mention I need a car seat and stroller. What's the best and easiest combination for getting baby in and out of car. I'd rather not have to take baby out of car seat when I have to leave the car

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:20 pm
I don't like that the doona has no storage basket and when you hang bags it falls over. It's also very short and most babies look overgrown in it by 7 months. It's also very heavy. A snap n go is way more convenient.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
I don't like that the doona has no storage basket and when you hang bags it falls over. It's also very short and most babies look overgrown in it by 7 months. It's also very heavy. A snap n go is way more convenient.

What? My daughter is tall and outgrew it at 15 months

challahchallah

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:51 pm
It sounds like what you want is a travel system. I have the Uppababy Cruz stroller with the Mesa car seat. If you don’t want to take the baby out of the car seat, you can easily click it out of the care base and onto the stroller base. I just left the toddler seat at home. Very easy and lightweight. There are many other options like this too—snap and go, buggaboo, etc

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:40 pm
challahchallah wrote:
It sounds like what you want is a travel system. I have the Uppababy Cruz stroller with the Mesa car seat. If you don’t want to take the baby out of the car seat, you can easily click it out of the care base and onto the stroller base. I just left the toddler seat at home. Very easy and lightweight. There are many other options like this too—snap and go, buggaboo, etc

How do you like the mesa? Would you say its heavy?

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 3:17 pm
The Mesa car seat is pretty narrow and lightweight.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:29 pm
challahchallah wrote:

Yes I did this when my toddler was a newborn. Had graco car seat and clicked it onto my bugaboo bee base, with an adapter. (I think they all need adapters in order to click on)

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:11 pm
So it depends on wha tryout needs are. Doona is definitely very easy to do in and out of the car. It’s not a stroller. It’s fine for a few blocks or a shopping trip but not good to always go around in. My son is tall and thin and just outgrowing it at 20 months.

lasagna

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:31 pm
We got a city mini gt and took out the lining for the first bunch of months and it looked like a snap and go. It was easy to fold and unfold and just click the car seat into the base. Eventually we put the lining back in and used it as a stroller/travel system.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 9:36 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
So it depends on wha tryout needs are. Doona is definitely very easy to do in and out of the car. It’s not a stroller. It’s fine for a few blocks or a shopping trip but not good to always go around in. My son is tall and thin and just outgrowing it at 20 months.

My son is also tall skinny 18months old but I'm starting to feel very self conscious (after getting some comments) using the doona even though he loves it and it's super practical in and out car..

amother
Azure

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:46 am
people Make comments all the time. I have finally learned to ignore them and do what I think is best. Actually last summer I had someone on my case about how I would spend so much for such a poorly made stroller etc how it would never fit her needs. I didn’t even bother arguing it was like seriously why do you care. This year she bought one for her new baby...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics