Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best (easy and affordable) toilet cleaner?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:09 pm
I currently use Clorox toilet Wands but they're expensive. What's an easy and affordable alternative?

Amarante

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:19 pm
Any bottled toilet bowl cleaner and a brush works great and is less expensive than single use cleaners.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:40 am
Amarante wrote:
Any bottled toilet bowl cleaner and a brush works great and is less expensive than single use cleaners.

Is there anything easier than that with no brush?
Can you post links to cleaner and brush?

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:12 am
I’ve been using this one for a few months, no complaints: https://www.amazon.com/mDesign.....ZJ8C2

For the cleaner I use Lysol cling. I squeeze it under the rim. Let it sit for five minutes and then scrub with the toilet brush and flush.
https://www.amazon.com/Lysol-P.....M66FL

bouncy

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:19 am
I love soft scrub bleach gel!! I use it for everything-
https://www.amazon.com/Soft-Sc.....r=8-4

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:59 am
Both Simple Human and OXO are reliable relatively inexpensive brands for household items.

The real difference (IMO) is the type of caddy which holds the brush since most people keep one by the side of the toilet so they want it to be relatively attractive and also fairly sanitary.

Cleaning a toilet in my experience doesn't require much work one way or another unless it has been severely neglected and needs to be scrubbed because of hard water line. Any brush and cleaner works well. As others have posted, the gel ones tend to stay in position a bit longer.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:02 pm
Bump

SuperWify

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:14 pm
I’ve tried a few but then I went back Clorox. It is a worthwhile investment IMO.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:19 pm
I use Clorox wipes to clean the entire toilet. They're pretty cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Clorox-.....r=8-3

I've been told it's gross and I need to use a toilet brush but I don't see a use for it. The wipes work perfectly.

Anyone want to enlighten me what you use a toilet brush for?

Amarante

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:21 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
I use Clorox wipes to clean the entire toilet. They're pretty cheap.

https://www.amazon.com/Clorox-.....r=8-3

I've been told it's gross and I need to use a toilet brush but I don't see a use for it. The wipes work perfectly.

Anyone want to enlighten me what you use a toilet brush for?

How do you clean the bowl when it is filled with water? Do you drain the tank so you can clean the interior of the bowl?

Also sometimes people have streaks on the interior that need to be cleaned off the sides.

Wipes are handy for cleaning the seat between weekly cleaning but I don’t know how you would clean the bowl with a wipe because your hand would be submerged. You would also not be able to clean where there is the hole which I generally brush down when cleaning the bowl.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 3:28 pm
Ajax
Sano

asmileaday

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 3:45 pm
How often do you need to buy a new toilet brush? Is there a recommended amount of time?
I feel like they never dry out properly and get so yucky after a while.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 4:36 pm
If you live some place that has hard or desalinated water, Sano is the way to go. It's the only thing that gets all of those mineral deposits off.

You have to completely drain the bowl, and then add the cleaner. Leave it overnight, and then give it a good scrub in the morning. WEAR GLOVES! This stuff is no joke.

Thank you to other Israeli imas for telling me about this product. It has saved me a lot of frustration and scrubbing.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 11 2020, 4:37 pm
asmileaday wrote:
How often do you need to buy a new toilet brush? Is there a recommended amount of time?
I feel like they never dry out properly and get so yucky after a while.

You can always take it outside, and pour bleach on it. Then let it sit in the sun to dry out. The UV rays will help kill any gross stuff that survives the bleach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry