Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
And now it hits Cleveland

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 9:59 pm
I just found out that one of the people who tested positive works at the Jecc- which I and probably most Judaic teachers frequent regularly .. being that they are not publicizing the name , how would I know if it's someone I was in contact with?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:21 pm
I live in newrochelle which is hard hit I got an email from jre that a person has carona virus and I should self quarantine
Google young isreal of new Rochelle
And rabbi fink to learn more
Good luck in newrochelle the check on you by knocking on you’re door to see if you are self quarantined

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:22 pm
The members of near by young isreal help so much we have more volunteers than people who need help 389 family total 1000

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:23 pm
As soon as the Jewish schools heard carona virus they turned the buses around and sent kids home only one kid from the Westchester
Day school has it

WhatFor

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just found out that one of the people who tested positive works at the Jecc- which I and probably most Judaic teachers frequent regularly .. being that they are not publicizing the name , how would I know if it's someone I was in contact with?

Did you definitely work on the same floor as this person? In NY I know that businesses are having employees work from home if they worked on the same floor as someone who had it. I'm hoping your local health department/mayor/governor issues guidance to affected people quickly to stop the spread.

I'm troubled how in a lot of communities there's been so little guidance about this.

It's also revealing how amazing the community in Westchester is, whether it was due to community leaders, local government or both. They were super proactive, self quarantined, got tested, there seems to have been leadership and a coordinated involved effort from the community members.

There's no reason to assume that in reality they had wider spread than other communities; they just seem to be running more tests. Meanwhile, in other communities, I've heard variations of, "no matter your symptoms, you can't get tested if you haven't traveled and cannot name a person you've been in contact with who tested positive."

Wishing the best for you and your community, OP.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 10:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Fellow Clevelander saying Surprised Surprised Surprised

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Mar 09 2020, 11:09 pm
But zinc sucking candys and suck it in the back of you’re mouth slowly if you feel you are sick drink lots of orange juice

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 7:04 am
WhatFor wrote:
Did you definitely work on the same floor as this person? In NY I know that businesses are having employees work from home if they worked on the same floor as someone who had it. I'm hoping your local health department/mayor/governor issues guidance to affected people quickly to stop the spread.

I'm troubled how in a lot of communities there's been so little guidance about this.

It's also revealing how amazing the community in Westchester is, whether it was due to community leaders, local government or both. They were super proactive, self quarantined, got tested, there seems to have been leadership and a coordinated involved effort from the community members.

There's no reason to assume that in reality they had wider spread than other communities; they just seem to be running more tests. Meanwhile, in other communities, I've heard variations of, "no matter your symptoms, you can't get tested if you haven't traveled and cannot name a person you've been in contact with who tested positive."

Wishing the best for you and your community, OP.

They haven't publicized who the person who was I was definitely in the center just a few days ago. And I have an immunocompromised child at home. 😪 .

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 6:43 pm
The national guard is arriving to newrochelle to help us with this outbreak

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 9:13 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
The national guard is arriving to newrochelle to help us with this outbreak

What will they be doing?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 3:00 am
What do updates on a New York community have to do with Cleveland? What

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 6:51 am
its all related updates

wishing everyone abundant health and happiness!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 7:23 am
109 cases in new rochelle ny the national guard is in new rochelle to help
6 cases in rockland county
1 death of a man who worked at yonkers taceway which is closed he loved in nj
2 people in hospitals from westchster

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 7:33 am
5o cases of the carona virus are linked to one young isreal of new rochelle lawyer who is still in the hospital cnn.com

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 7:40 am
108 deaths in italy in one day
cnn.com

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 8:41 am
Saddlebrown can you stop spewing this stuff like a broken recording please? You’re spamming the whole board!

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:31 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
Saddlebrown can you stop spewing this stuff like a broken recording please? You’re spamming the whole board!

Saddlebrown, do you see that button at the top of the screen, it says "+ New Post". Use it to open a new thread.
I opened this thread since I have friends and family in Cleveland and thought there may be pertinent information. New Rochelle is of no interest to me when I am interested in Cleveland. I can find that information elsewhere on this site as well as in the news.
If there is a case in Cleveland, how would you know that it was connected to the cases you keep posting about?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:17 pm
The governor just announced that all schools in the state of Ohio must close for 3 weeks. Good luck to all Cleveland mommies!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:26 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
The governor just announced that all schools in the state of Ohio must close for 3 weeks. Good luck to all Cleveland mommies!

And Columbus and Cincinnati mommies!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
And Columbus and Cincinnati mommies!

Of course Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics