Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
I saw 100 dollars for “element vape” on 19yo ds statement

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:11 pm
I just opened the mail. Wwyd?

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:16 pm
Ask him about it. Have a conversation and see where it goes.
Whatever you do, DONT freak out on him.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:24 pm
What does it mean exactly I’m kind of clueless

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:29 pm
If it's HIS Mail and you opened without permission, seal it up. The envelope and your mouth in relation to it. And I'm sending BIG hugs to you

imasoftov

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

https://www.elementvape.com/ is a website that sells electronic cigarettes, supplies, and accessories

mopsy

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

It probably mean he bought an electric cigarette or "vape pen". Possible for a friend, probably for himself. While vaping isn't as unhealthy as actually smoking, it isn't exactly a kale smoothie.
When confronting him about it (if you choose to confront him) keep in mind that he probably has many friends who vape and he considers it not to be a big deal. I'm not saying it's a good thing that he's vaping but to some extent its "boys being boys" and if you go to hard on him he'll just think you're a square and he'll just be more careful to hide it from you.

mopsy

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 5:37 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
If it's HIS Mail and you opened without permission, seal it up. The envelope and your mouth in relation to it. And I'm sending BIG hugs to you

1,000,000%

trixx

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:16 pm
You guys are all in denial or uneducated. Vaping is worse than smoking and there have been extreme cases (maybe deaths? I didnt follow closely).
However its a big peer pressure right now. You dont want to damage the trust but also, whose cc? Yours - then why is he using it on this. His - who is paying it and maybe he shoukdnt be allowed indiscretion in spending.
Vaping is a BIG DEAL and in 10 years we will have a generation of adults with the worst lung cancer we have ever seen. I am not exaggerating. Do a drop of reading on it. I watched a presentation of a guy fighting the vaping companies, he comes to schools to educate them.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:28 pm
I saw something before and he denied it. I talked to him about vaping and he said the cheap stuff is damaging the lungs. The good stuff is not. Is it true?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I saw something before and he denied it. I talked to him about vaping and he said the cheap stuff is damaging the lungs. The good stuff is not. Is it true?

My DS started vaping at 15 in high school and stopped about a year later when he felt the difference in how his lungs felt. He wasn’t breathing normally and had a hard time sleeping. That stuff is not good. Even the “good stuff” as they call it.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Young people just 17 dying from lung disease caused by the good stuff. Google.
Just one article from a Google search.
https://www.healthline.com/hea.....evali

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:41 pm
He's 19. You shouldn't be opening his mail. Confronting him will likely do more harm than good.

trixx

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:52 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
He's 19. You shouldn't be opening his mail. Confronting him will likely do more harm than good.

You're crazy!! Sakanos nefashos. Woukd you say the same if it was a highly addictive, deadly drug? Bc it is.
Sorry op I dont have a 19yo so I dont have brilliant answers. But it's very serious. Dont be naive.
Maybe you can counter with, you know what, I dont know a lot about it. Lets research together. Or you research for me.
Bc in about 3 articles you'll quickly see the bad effects of it.
Also, the tobacco industry is the only one saying its safe in any way.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 6:55 pm
trixx wrote:
You guys are all in denial or uneducated. Vaping is worse than smoking and there have been extreme cases (maybe deaths? I didnt follow closely).
However its a big peer pressure right now. You dont want to damage the trust but also, whose cc? Yours - then why is he using it on this. His - who is paying it and maybe he shoukdnt be allowed indiscretion in spending.
Vaping is a BIG DEAL and in 10 years we will have a generation of adults with the worst lung cancer we have ever seen. I am not exaggerating. Do a drop of reading on it. I watched a presentation of a guy fighting the vaping companies, he comes to schools to educate them.

Vaping is worse then smoking? What are you basing this on? That theres been a few vaping related deaths? You may not have noticed, but smoking has killed one or two people as well. We're not saying it's good for you, but saying it's worse than smoking is quite a leap.
I would also advise against calling people uneducated and finishing up with "I didn't follow closely".
You also say "Vaping is a BIG DEAL and in 10 years we will have a generation of adults with the worst lung cancer we have ever seen." Can you tell me what you are basing this on?
Maybe do a little more than "a drop of reading" on it. There is more to the topic than a clickbait article promising instant death.
No one here is saying that you should encourage him to vape. We are just saying use a little bit of tact and don't tell him "if you vape you'll die tomorrow". That definitely won't work.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:46 pm
mopsy wrote:
It probably mean he bought an electric cigarette or "vape pen". Possible for a friend, probably for himself. While vaping isn't as unhealthy as actually smoking, it isn't exactly a kale smoothie.
When confronting him about it (if you choose to confront him) keep in mind that he probably has many friends who vape and he considers it not to be a big deal. I'm not saying it's a good thing that he's vaping but to some extent its "boys being boys" and if you go to hard on him he'll just think you're a square and he'll just be more careful to hide it from you.

He should be careful to hide it from her... that's what kids do when they know they are doing something wrong.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:50 pm
trixx wrote:
You're crazy!! Sakanos nefashos. Woukd you say the same if it was a highly addictive, deadly drug? Bc it is.
Sorry op I dont have a 19yo so I dont have brilliant answers. But it's very serious. Dont be naive.
Maybe you can counter with, you know what, I dont know a lot about it. Lets research together. Or you research for me.
Bc in about 3 articles you'll quickly see the bad effects of it.
Also, the tobacco industry is the only one saying its safe in any way.

Nope, it's not sekanos nefashos mamish.
A good quality vape isn't quite so dangerous if used moderately. It comes to a certain age when you can not control your kids. 19 is above that age.

amother
Royalblue

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 7:53 pm
Unless you have boys that age, I don't think you can possibly give OP good advice...

Op you can definitely tell him that you opened his mail by mistake, apologize for doing it and since you saw what you saw you can tell him you're surprised because you didn't know he vapes.
Go online and research it. If he wants to listen you can share what you learnt about dangers of vaping.
19 yrs old make their own decisions....

mopsy

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:37 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Unless you have boys that age, I don't think you can possibly give OP good advice...

Op you can definitely tell him that you opened his mail by mistake, apologize for doing it and since you saw what you saw you can tell him you're surprised because you didn't know he vapes.

I don't think you need to tell him how you found out he vapes. You don't need to tell him you opened his mail, just that you know and that you're concerned. He probably won't ask how you know and if he does just say that you have your ways.

banana split

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:43 pm
Maybe it was for Purim? Don’t go crazy on him. Mention it casually maybe at some point just to hear what he thinks about vaping... not the end of the world
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics