Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
MRSA and Pandas???

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 7:41 am
My three year old son is fine some days and totally out of whack other days. We’ve had experience with Pandas and I think I’m seeing evidence of that with him only I’m wondering if it’s mrsa and not strep causing it. (He’s usually negative for strep) I only found limited literature online about it and my doctor will laugh me out of the office so I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this. My son gets mrsa pimples from time to time which usually disappear withal few days of bactroban. He also used to have a red belly button which improved after the bactroban. I know he must be living with the mrsa and I’m wondering if that’s affecting his behaviors. He’s such a sweetheart who seems completely unhinged at times and just like a regular toddler other times. Anyway.. anybody can relate?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 7:53 am
Read up on PANS which is like PANDAS but comes after a different infection not strep.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 8:30 pm
2 options. either the pustules that you think are mrsa are actually being caused by strep bacteria, or your child's pans trigger is staph. Both are very plausible. Would your dr be willing to culture the discharge?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics