Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
RVP was negative. now what?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:29 pm
my child had fever and runny nose, slight cough. we went to the doctor* and they swabbed her nose and the panel came back negative. they didn't test for covid-19. am I supposed to be concerned now?

*they had us come in from a back door and drs and nurses gowned/masked up when they came into the room and we weren't allowed to go to the front of the office!

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:32 pm
Why did they go to all that trouble masks/gowns if they didn't even test for covid 19??

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:35 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Why did they go to all that trouble masks/gowns if they didn't even test for covid 19??

lol! good question. but I guess just not to spread to other patients? dunno! but I do know that they don't have the kits for it there yet.
there was another kid there that tested positive for flu & 2 coronavirus strains all at once, poor kid Sad (not covid-19)

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
lol! good question. but I guess just not to spread to other patients? dunno! but I do know that they don't have the kits for it there yet.
there was another kid there that tested positive for flu & 2 coronavirus strains all at once, poor kid Sad (not covid-19)

where was this?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:52 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
where was this?

In NYC

Just One

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:03 am
I'm coming down with my seasonal allergies now and even though I know that's what it is I still freaked out at that first sneeze. Turns it when I was researching the symptoms that the best way to differentiate between this coronavirus and seasonal allergies / the many other viruses that go around winter time is that runny nose and sneezing is actually not a common symptom. Only 5% of infected patients in Wuhan had nasal congestion. This is a virus that mostly infects lower down in the respiratory track, hence pnemonia as a common side affect. So I would say your daughters symptoms don't point to corona. We've all just gotta take a deep breath and remember those colds/allergies of yesterday past... They all haven't just magically disappeared now that there's a new player in town

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:22 am
Just One wrote:
I'm coming down with my seasonal allergies now and even though I know that's what it is I still freaked out at that first sneeze. Turns it when I was researching the symptoms that the best way to differentiate between this coronavirus and seasonal allergies / the many other viruses that go around winter time is that runny nose and sneezing is actually not a common symptom. Only 5% of infected patients in Wuhan had nasal congestion. This is a virus that mostly infects lower down in the respiratory track, hence pnemonia as a common side affect. So I would say your daughters symptoms don't point to corona. We've all just gotta take a deep breath and remember those colds/allergies of yesterday past... They all haven't just magically disappeared now that there's a new player in town

Not allergies. And definitely a virus. Of course there are more respiratory viruses that aren’t tested for, but with this whole hype going on I’m speculating if it’s potentially covid-19, and how does that change things for us as a family?

Just One

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 2:28 am
But if a main symptom is nasal congestion it probably isn't that.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:00 am
Just One wrote:
But if a main symptom is nasal congestion it probably isn't that.
isn’t main symptom
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics