Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Boy name after IVF
Previous  1  2

sub

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 7:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Who is Elchonon in Tanach?

Two of King David's heros are called elchanan.

sub

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 7:25 pm
How about אוריאל?

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 9:41 pm
Gamliel

Moonlight

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 9:50 pm
My IVF nephew is ezra

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 10:18 pm
Hillel

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 10:24 pm
Why does an IVF baby need a special name presenting his conception state? I'd be mortified to grow up knowing I was conceived in a lab.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Mar 10 2020, 11:01 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Why does an IVF baby need a special name presenting his conception state? I'd be mortified to grow up knowing I was conceived in a lab.

I have a post-IVF Tehila who would have been named Tehila whether she was conceived on an IVF cycle or “regular” medicated cycle. Nobody has to know.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 9:17 am

The name doesn't mean I was conceived in a lab. It's obvious that the parents waited for the child, so the name is thanking Hashem for giving them a son. It happens to be it was IVF that brought about the child, but the name doesn't present his conception state. It presents the fact that the parents are grateful to have this child after waiting for some time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:37 am
stillnewlywed wrote:
The name doesn't mean I was conceived in a lab. It's obvious that the parents waited for the child, so the name is thanking Hashem for giving them a son. It happens to be it was IVF that brought about the child, but the name doesn't present his conception state. It presents the fact that the parents are grateful to have this child after waiting for some time.

Exactly. And if naming a child in a way that shows appreciation is good enough for Rochel ("Hashem has gathered in my shame" and Chana ("I requested him from Hashem") then it's good enough for me.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 10:55 am
The best I could come up with is Isaiah Vevel Feivel. Very Happy

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 11:12 am

All of these names suggested are normal names.
My brothers nechemia, yehoshua, and Yehuda weren't grown in any labs.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 4:19 pm
Why is boy after IVF given diff name than natural? I would do after grandfather/ancestor/Rebbe first. Maybe would add on Baruch. I had a few children thru IVF and didn't consider giving diff name bec of it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 5:19 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Why is boy after IVF given diff name than natural? I would do after grandfather/ancestor/Rebbe first. Maybe would add on Baruch. I had a few children thru IVF and didn't consider giving diff name bec of it.

And if we had ancestors or Rebbes to name after, we would. I'm just looking for ideas. You don't have to comment if you don't agree.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 5:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
And if we had ancestors or Rebbes to name after, we would. I'm just looking for ideas. You don't have to comment if you don't agree.
I'm not disagreeing, just trying to understand. I know many couples who struggled with fertility and gave hoduah names. Totally fine. I am just trying to understand why you mentioned a name for specifically IVF.

I'm apologizing if you felt slighted ch"v.Totally unintentional.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 11 2020, 8:51 pm
I'm not disagreeing, just trying to understand. I know many couples who struggled with fertility and gave hoduah names. Totally fine. I am just trying to understand why you mentioned a name for specifically IVF.

I'm apologizing if you felt slighted ch"v.Totally unintentional.

I was trying to be brief. I struggle with typing on a smartphone (and now I'm having to type it all out anyway lol). I thought of saying "after many years of infertility" or "after an infertility diagnosis so severe that we were given basically no chance of success" but decided that "after IVF" explained the situation well enough. Apparently I was wrong.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 12:37 pm
How about Efraim? From the pasuk Haben Yakir Li Efraim. (Precious son)

Or Asher? meaning fortunate or lucky.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 9:09 am
Yehuda
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names