Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you bringing your seminary daughters home?
Previous  1  2  3

keym

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 10:44 am
Shuly wrote:
Seminaries that closed so far:
Meohr
Bnos Chava
Bnos Batsheva
Machon Raaya
Seminar
Chemdas

Possibly more; these are the ones I heard about.

My friend is a teacher in a few seminaries and she is paid per class so she just lost her income.
I heard from two parents of seminary girls that the seminary would not refund them any money after closing down.

1) when you say closed, do you mean closed until after Pesach and then reevaluate, or closed for the year?

2) how in the world do the schools rationalize not refunding at all?

3) of course this will affect the future of the "seminary business".

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 11:01 am
Possibly two parents thought right now, this week, is the time to demand a refund. Seriously. Let this pass and then things can get figured out.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
My sister is in bya, she was planning to stay because my parents dont have rhe means to fly her home..
Shes been crying for 3 days now. My parents just spent the money and put her flight after shabbos... $1550 one way..

That’s ironic because BYA is one of the few seminaries (along with Bnos Avigail and a couple of others) actually encouraging their students to stay. They even rented an empty apartment in har nof in case they have to quarantine...

sweetart

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 2:09 pm
Kol hakavod to BYA. I have no skin in this game, but the idea that seminaries take $25,000+ in tuition and then leave girls scrambling is unconscionable. Sheesh.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 5:00 pm
My son is in yeshiva in Isreal. We chose to leave him there rather than bring him home to klutz till he can go back. He's an American citizen so I'm hoping he will be let in when I want him home. Worst will be he won't be home Pesach.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 5:12 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
My son is in yeshiva in Isreal. We chose to leave him there rather than bring him home to klutz till he can go back. He's an American citizen so I'm hoping he will be let in when I want him home. Worst will be he won't be home Pesach.

My sister in law was advised to the same. It would have cost a small fortune to lose his ticket and bring him home now.

ruby slippers

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:04 pm
My dds school is talking about closing. I am curious, the schools that have closed, is it for the rest of the year?

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:03 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:

Which yeshiva? Most yeshivas sent the boys home.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:35 am
Small place in Bnei Brak. Rosh Yeshiva said to leave him there for now. He calls home a few times a day. If he gets too nervous about being there we will bring him home. I really believe he will be able to come home as scheduled the week of Pesach IYH

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:29 am
We decided to bring my daughter home since her school is closed anyway. BH we were able to get a ticket for about $200. (we live in Europe) Hopefully the flights will be running when she goes in 2 days. Thats the scary thing, a lot of airlines are going bust.

Hoping things will reopen soon after pesach.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics