Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Nervous of my cold symptoms

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 3:36 pm
Normally I wouldnt care. But my very mild cold, fatigue, and sore throat that I usually wouldnt blink about are giving me anxiety. No fever. Pregnant. Only 18 confirmed cases in my state, and no one I've been around.

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 3:56 pm
Can totally relate. I am experiencing allergies so have some tightness in my chest, mild itchy throat and mild cough. I'm so nervous I keep repeatedly taking deep breaths which obviously dont feel good because you're not supposed to do that. IYH you'll be fine, just want to let you know you're not alone.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 6:40 pm
Even if you have it, there are virtually no deaths under age 40. I am not trying to minimize it, but if you are in good health, you will be fine. If you are concerned, please don't be around others for 14 days.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 2:43 pm
Anyone symptomatic should self isolate. Even if it's just a cold, your immune system is down and you don't want to risk catching anything else that would make it worse. You also don't want to give a cold to someone elderly or more at risk.

A slight fever usually means the flu, but a fever over 101 means to call your emergency number, even if you can still breathe fairly well.

If you are having a hard time catching your breath, even without a fever, also call your emergency department.

Hashem should protect us all!

walkingalong

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:11 pm
Having a cold could be a complication if chas veshalom you were to catch this COVID strain.

I have very severe spring pollen allergies that can give me bronchitis when I cannot afford to buy nose sprays and other things to reduce the symptoms. When symptoms are reduced if I cough on the train it still sounds like a wet-cough that scares people in normal years.

Between allergies and asthma, and a weak immune system, I am in my 30s and staying home as much as possible for my own safety, and the sanity of others who hear the coughing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics