Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is it safe to go and buy food from a store?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 9:44 pm
From what I see on tv, they are saying the virus is airborne.

I know you all are not experts but I was just wondering if you think it's safe to go to a store to buy food in person? Delivery is booked up for the next few days.

I'm really confused as the experts are saying the virus can be caught even through infected breath in the air, talking etc, not to mention coughs and sneezes.

Obviously I wash my hands when arriving home. I have a few chronic conditions, thank G-d nothing major though.

I apologise if this is a silly questions but I just am feeling a bit confused about what's advisable and what's not.

Stay well everyone, praying for an end to this virus Hug

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:09 pm
Go before there's nothing left

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 10:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I know you all are not experts but I was just wondering if you think it's safe to go to a store to buy food in person? Delivery is booked up for the next few days.

I'm really confused as the experts are saying the virus can be caught even through infected breath in the air, talking etc, not to mention coughs and sneezes.

Obviously I wash my hands when arriving home. I have a few chronic conditions, thank G-d nothing major though.

I apologise if this is a silly questions but I just am feeling a bit confused about what's advisable and what's not.

It’s safer than starving yourself.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:54 pm
Would you buy a cake from a bakery?

It's my FIL's birthday tomorrow and I really want to buy a cake, but I'm super nervous.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Mar 12 2020, 11:57 pm
Completely safe assuming you are a healthy person.

jerusalem90

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 12:03 am
Don't touch your face and wash your hands well afterward with warm soapy water. You can wear a mask to keep yourself from touching your face.

If you want to be extra cautious, change your clothes as soon as you get home and wear glasses/sunglasses while you are out.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 12:31 am
dankbar wrote:
Go before there's nothing left

Is there no food left where you live?

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 12:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I was just in Gourmet Glatt Lakewood and the open buffet is still out by appetizer area

dankbar

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Is there no food left where you live?

I took the last few bottles of water from the shelf from my local supermarket.
Tuna they didn't have the ones I like anymore.

My husband was at BJ's paper towel was down to last few pieces. Water was down. Disinfectant wipes no more.

These were both on Thursday.

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:56 pm
dankbar wrote:
I took the last few bottles of water from the shelf from my local supermarket.
Tuna they didn't have the ones I like anymore.

My husband was at BJ's paper towel was down to last few pieces. Water was down. Disinfectant wipes no more.

These were both on Thursday.

They will restock.
Even in Italy when shelves were bare they didn’t run out of food. Just have to redeliver from distributors.

southernbubby

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:59 pm
It's safer to have the food delivered or at least boxed up and brought to your car.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:20 pm
jerusalem90 wrote:
Don't touch your face and wash your hands well afterward with warm soapy water. You can wear a mask to keep yourself from touching your face.

If you want to be extra cautious, change your clothes as soon as you get home and wear glasses/sunglasses while you are out.

And don’t forget a hazmat suit
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics