Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Selfishness and stupidity
Previous  1  2  3  4

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 12:46 pm
pause wrote:
I will say this with my SN even though I know I will be bashed.

I am very upset that Bergen County (and possibly other places) banned minyanim. You want to encourage smaller weddings, no shiva visits, work at home, closing schools? All that is acceptable. But not to daven with minyan and no yeshiva to learn Torah? We need the zechusim of tefillah b'tzibbur and limud Torah!!! Arrangements can be made for smaller groups, but to cancel them altogether?! It really feels so wrong.

Throughout the years and all kinds of oppressors, yidden were moser nefesh to daven and to learn. They'd sneak out under threat of death under the yevanim, communist rule, in the ghettos... One who is sick is patur, but the healthy ones?

TBH, I am more afraid of the spiritual ramifications of these bans than of the physical threat non-compliance might pose. We need more than ever tefillah and limud Torah!!!

Getting ready for the tomatoes. Hiding

I'll also say this under my screen name. Reb Chaim Kanievsky ordered all schools to remain open, as the loss of Torah and Tefilah would be worse than coronavirus. And all the women who champion Daas Torah in all other instances have yet to mention this. At all.

Could there be any more Daas Torah than this?

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:03 pm
Did you see the response I posted to Pause on the previous page? It's from my Rav, Rabbi Aryeh Lebowitz. That's my daas Torah.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:07 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I'll also say this under my screen name. Reb Chaim Kanievsky ordered all schools to remain open, as the loss of Torah and Tefilah would be worse than coronavirus. And all the women who champion Daas Torah in all other instances have yet to mention this. At all.

post the letter.

and most people will listen to their community leaders. Our city had all the rabbonim meet with the local principals to have a united front. Every school is closed in the city.

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:17 pm
imorethanamother wrote:

R. Kanievsky kabalas kahal has been discontinued due to covid 19.

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 1:36 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
R. Kanievsky kabalas kahal has been discontinued due to covid 19.

That means that he’s protecting himself. That has nothing to do with schools. Reb Chaim banning visitors will only result in more Torah learning. My kids banned from school? More screens.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 3:16 pm
I've always wondered how people overlooked all the impending signs before WWII. How did people not hear about what Hitler did to other countries. How people just dismissed all the warnings. How Rabbis told people to stay put and not protect themselves, etc. In hindsight, it was so obvious so I was always curious how it all went about. Now I understand.

Ch'v - am not comparing the horrors of the Holocaust to now. I'm just comparing people's reactions to life altering information. Just reading through this site, puts me in a frame of mind to understand it.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 4:13 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I've always wondered how people overlooked all the impending signs before WWII. How did people not hear about what Hitler did to other countries. How people just dismissed all the warnings. How Rabbis told people to stay put and not protect themselves, etc. In hindsight, it was so obvious so I was always curious how it all went about. Now I understand.

Ch'v - am not comparing the horrors of the Holocaust to now. I'm just comparing people's reactions to life altering information. Just reading through this site, puts me in a frame of mind to understand it.

First of all, you have to believe that whatever happened was bc it was meant to be - obviously G-d wanted it to happen. Nothing we would have done, would change His decree.

Holocaust was something done by people, Corona is a plague caused by a virus. We can do our hishtadlus and precautions, but we are REALLY not in control.

Locking down everything for two weeks doesnt make sense to me. Is the whole world doing it? No. What happens after two weeks? One person travels and gets it from another, and transmits it to yet another. Then the cycle continues. It can take months to eradicate it completely.

Mollie

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 4:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't get why people can't just be smart and responsible.
Stay home.
Keep your kids home.
School is virtual and I am thrilled-keep my kids safe!
Don't go to simchas.

Yes it is hard and disappointing, but get over it. Yours and everyone else's safety is more important. My friend's son's wedding is now just immediate family (not postponing the marriage) B"H they will make a celebration to share with family and friends another time. Purim seuda was just my immediate family. Pesach in the hotel has been cancelled. My DD is staying in Israel for Pesach. Life goes on. Please G-d I will spend next Pesach with her in the hotel.

I understand why such a big deal is being made by health department/schools.... I can't understand why some of the Imas here are carrying on like spoiled, selfish toddlers.

On a bright note, an amazing thing I saw was a man in Florida posted on Teaneck Shuls that being Florida does not have the situation we have here and he is free to go to Shul, he will say Kaddish for anyone in need of you send him the Hebrew name. Go him! Tizku li'mitzvot!!!

Why can’t you put your name to your obviously strong beliefs?

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 4:29 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:

News was spread much slower and more controlled. The camps had visits by the red cross. They were work camps not death camps.

The world was still licking its wounds from WW2 and not eager to fight.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 4:32 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Bc there have been so many threats in the past of what will happen, hurricanes, global warming, zika, measles, swine flu, sars, ebola, etc. Im sick of believing everything on the news!

And Bc 'they are predicting' this and that will happen is not enough to stop my life, and rely on these predictions. This madness can last 2 weeks or 2 months! Should I buy cages for my kids and lock them up? Seriously, how do we quarantine a bunch of lively kids?

Its easy for others to say stay away from everyone...... WHERE WERE YOU ON PURIM?!? You ran around with your greatly themed shaloch manos. The streets were packed! 2 days later you're yelling keep your kids home - until what?!

I have one life to live, and want to live. Not in fear of everything you hear on the news. Theyre wrong most of the time anyways..

This is not about logic, its emotions and anxiety. People are panicking bc noone can predict what will be. Enough with this madness. Let Hashem run the world.

Anon bc noone will agree with me anyways. Its a lost cause.

I AGREE!!

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 5:07 pm
[quote
On a bright note, an amazing thing I saw was a man in Florida posted on Teaneck Shuls that being Florida does not have the situation we have here and he is free to go to Shul, he will say Kaddish for anyone in need of you send him the Hebrew name. Go him! Tizku li'mitzvot!!![/quote]

Smart him. He can make a few dollars off Corona.

*just like those people that take money from you and claim they are praying for you at someone's kever, or saying tehillim. Blah, blah
*Health stores promote vitamins to build your immune system to 'protect you from Corona'.
*Purell sells for $10 instead of $2
*Face masks sell for a lot of money, even though there isnt clear evidence that it can protect you.

Im sure more will come.
Some people are very gullible.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 6:12 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
[quote
On a bright note, an amazing thing I saw was a man in Florida posted on Teaneck Shuls that being Florida does not have the situation we have here and he is free to go to Shul, he will say Kaddish for anyone in need of you send him the Hebrew name. Go him! Tizku li'mitzvot!!![/quote]

Smart him. He can make a few dollars off Corona.

*just like those people that take money from you and claim they are praying for you at someone's kever, or saying tehillim. Blah, blah
*Health stores promote vitamins to build your immune system to 'protect you from Corona'.
*Purell sells for $10 instead of $2
*Face masks sell for a lot of money, even though there isnt clear evidence that it can protect you.

Im sure more will come.
Some people are very gullible.

What in the world are you talking about!?!?
He was not asking for money, it was a pure chessed.

I am sorry that your experiences in life have made you so jaded. Why are you so cynical and not DLZ?

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 8:39 pm
Op, your original post is calling people names bc they are not doing what you believe is the right way of doing things. Is that DLZ?

Many rabbis are against the banning of going to shul or davening with a minyan. How long do you think we can go on like this?

And yes, I was supposed to be making a simcha for my child this week and will have to cancel it due to everyone's panic. Older people I do understand have to be careful, but does it mean the whole world has to shut down?

In the meantime people are running all over stocking up like crazy for which we dont know how long it will last or whether we can prevent it at all. Its going to plotz soon, the question is when....

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 9:40 pm
Florida does have the virus. A man who sits next to my dad in shul tested positive. Shul by them is closed.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics