Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is Moshiach coming with the world so crazy bec corona virus?

Do you think Moshiach is coming with the world so upside down with coronavirus?
I'm in Israel and Yes I think Moshiach is coming soon  
 6%  [ 5 ]
I'm in the US and Yes I think Moshiach is coming soon  
 58%  [ 47 ]
I'm in Israel and No, I don't think Moshiach is coming specifically due to the current situation  
 7%  [ 6 ]
I'm in the US and No, I don't think Moshiach is coming specifically due to the current situation  
 27%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 80

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:54 pm
Please answer poll and feel free to comment. I'm wondering if there is a discrepancy between how Israelis and Americans view and think about Moshiach coming soon. I'm not trying to exclude other countries so feel free to post below Smile

amother
Gold

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:57 pm
אחכה לו בכל יום שיבא.
Moshiach is always coming.
Never forget that.

malki2

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:58 pm
Moshiach can come anytime. He doesn’t need Coronavirus to facilitate his arrival. And I don’t think that this Coronavirus craziness is any worse than cholera or typhus outbreaks, or the Holocaust for that matter. I think it’s silly to pin Moshiach’s arrival on the weather or any particular crisis.

soap suds

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 10:58 pm
Last I checked, Moshiach is coming because Yidden do Teshuva / Mitzvos, etc. Moshiach's coming was never contingent on people going crazy.

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:21 pm
Yes -- this insanity is the routine world breaking down fast to prepare for the new.

momoftwo2

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:24 pm
I want to say yes, but sadly I’m witnessing so much sinas chinum first hand and that is keeping moshiach from coming.

amother
Taupe

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:28 pm
This is hitting the whole world at once every community culture city state country
I feel Hashem is trying to wake us all up.
We all should take this as a great opportunity to do Teshuvah to be zoche to Moshiach bkarov bmheira vyameinu, amen!

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:35 am
malki2 wrote:
Moshiach can come anytime. He doesn’t need Coronavirus to facilitate his arrival. And I don’t think that this Coronavirus craziness is any worse than cholera or typhus outbreaks, or the Holocaust for that matter. I think it’s silly to pin Moshiach’s arrival on the weather or any particular crisis.

It says in Yechezkel that right b4 Moshiach comes people won’t be able to leave their house ‘uskar daltecha ‘

Chickpea

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:14 am
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:
It says in Yechezkel that right b4 Moshiach comes people won’t be able to leave their house ‘uskar daltecha ‘

What chapter and what verse is this written?

salt

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:25 am
Chickpea wrote:
What chapter and what verse is this written?

I davka found a reference to this in Yishayahu 26:20, not Yehezkel, although there might be a reference there too.
Don't know what it's referring to though.

malki2

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:28 am

I left my house a few times today. So did everyone in my neighborhood.

saboni

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:38 am
https://www.chabad.org/library.....h.htm

Moshiach is definitely coming....let’s be prepared!

Catcher

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:10 am
Re the poll: do you think Jews only live in Israel and the US?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:24 pm
Catcher wrote:
Re the poll: do you think Jews only live in Israel and the US?

ch"v. I wanted to see if there was a discrepancy between the way Americans and Israelis view the situation. If I wanted to just see who thinks moshiach is coming I would have just asked who thinks moshiach is coming with a yes answer and a no answer, but I was specifically looking to see if there was a difference between these two cultures. May we all merit to see moshiach come soon in our time!

imasoftov

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:42 pm
Estimates for the number of people killed by the 1918 flu range from 17 to 100 million, the world population then was 1.8 to 1.9 billion.

For the Black Death estimates are 45% to 60% of the European population.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:10 pm
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
This is hitting the whole world at once every community culture city state country
I feel Hashem is trying to wake us all up.
We all should take this as a great opportunity to do Teshuvah to be zoche to Moshiach bkarov bmheira vyameinu, amen!

I love this post so much!

Moshiach can come any day, regardless of what is going on. We don't know why Moshiach didn't come during the Shoah, or the Black Death, or any other time of crisis.

Ahavas Isroel, teshuvah, and achdus is what we need right now.

salt

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:08 am

I can imagine people quoting this pasuk during the Gulf war 30 years ago, as well. Or during any rocket attack on Southern/Northern Israel for that matter.

MitzadSheini

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 6:05 am
salt wrote:
I can imagine people quoting this pasuk during the Gulf war 30 years ago, as well. Or during any rocket attack on Southern/Northern Israel for that matter.

Yes but if we do merit the geula now then those event would also count as being in the period of almost the geula.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 6:32 am
YES
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics