Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Now what?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:56 am
I’m sick... not sick enough to be tested but I’ve been told not to go to work. We can’t live without my salary. I don’t know what we’re going to do.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:02 am
Have you tried calling another doctor's office or clinic to see about getting a test? Just because one office says no doesn't mean another one might not have greater access to tests and/or more sympathy. Did your doctor say how long you'd have to be out? Would your doctor allow you to work if you wore a mask?

Is your job something you can do from home temporarily? Does your company offer any kind of sick leave? If not, do you have any vacation leave you can tie into?

Are you working for an individual or a company? I don't know what part of the world you're in, but there's been a lot of talk in the US of trying to get everyone some kind of paid days off to deal with the current situation.

Have you spoken to your boss yet? Maybe they'd be willing to advance you part of your paycheck to help get you through, especially as your staying out helps to keep them healthy.

I would also reach out to any chesed organizations in your area that helps people in financial difficulties (bikur cholim, since you're ill, Tomche Shabbos for food, etc). Some combination of organizations may be able to help you get through, especially if it's only for a couple of weeks.

You can also try a free loan society or gemach.

Hatzlacha and refuah shelaima
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics