Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Losing my mind

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:01 am
My 6 month of is allergic to a ton of foods. Basically, Im nursing and am left to starve. I had to change my entire diet for him, which I did happily, and he is still reacting. I am getting him further tested soon.
At night, he wakes up a lottttttt. And he's not hungry. He's just uncomfortable. He screams and shrieks and cries, scratching away. I feel so bad for him! I don't know what to do! I lather him with hydrocortisone and eucirin. I don't want to have to give him bedadryl every night!
I am so beyond sleep deprived, it's not even funny. Please help me make him feel better! I can't take this hives and oozing, itchy eczema anymore!

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:11 am
So stop nursing.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:23 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
So stop nursing.

1- I hate the mikvah
2- how on earth would that even help?
3- I am slowly dropping feedings
4- he doesn't take bottles

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
1- I hate the mikvah
2- how on earth would that even help?
3- I am slowly dropping feedings
4- he doesn't take bottles

1. Hate it more than your baby suffering? Hate it more than sleeping? P.S. bc also can do that.
2. Get him on allergy friendly formula.
3. Good
4. He’ll learn.

sallee

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:34 am
I had the same thing with my now six month old bh I am currently off A lot of foods but for us it worked. He had the same story however I know someone else it didn’t work for and she was told to stop nursing and only formula. Was your child prescribed the correct formula my baby used to spit out regular formula because it was painful now he can go either way with the specially prescribed formula from my doctor. I know how it feels my baby would be up all night crying I hope you find the right solution

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
1. Hate it more than your baby suffering? Hate it more than sleeping? P.S. bc also can do that.
2. Get him on allergy friendly formula.
3. Good
4. He’ll learn.

Yes I hate the mikvah more than I hate sleep deprivation and starvation. I hate the mikvah more than being hangry all day. I hate the mikvah more than I hate not being able to eat any of my favorite foods.
But I feel so bad for my baby, which is why I'm weaning him.
BH he's not allergic to soy (total miracle bhbhbh), so I can give him soy formula. I try every single day (pumped bottle), and he refuses. He blows and chews on the nipple. The second he sucks, he makes a face and stops sucking, even with my own breast milk.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:02 am
sallee wrote:
I had the same thing with my now six month old bh I am currently off A lot of foods but for us it worked. He had the same story however I know someone else it didn’t work for and she was told to stop nursing and only formula. Was your child prescribed the correct formula my baby used to spit out regular formula because it was painful now he can go either way with the specially prescribed formula from my doctor. I know how it feels my baby would be up all night crying I hope you find the right solution

Never heard of prescribed formula! I'll ask the allergist about that

sallee

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:26 am
It’s not exactly a prescription formula but these are really expensive formulas for infants with allergies but if prescribed by your pediatrician and insurance then you get it for free my son is on neocate but some others I heard of are puramino and elecare it’s trial and error which one works best for your baby also the body often confuses soy with milk so in my baby’s case I realized that each time I eat soy he would still be up crying all night

meme6

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:36 am
I had a kid with bad allergies, I found the right solution when I found the right allergist, I tried a few till I found one that was looking to help my child verses give me a list of foods to avoid and a dose of cortisone.

I would stop focusing on the bottle and start giving your baby solids that’s filling and will help him. Also the breakouts can be very much environmental, you might wanna get an allergy cover for his mattress people have seen wonders with it, also dye free detergents.

oneofakind

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:01 am
Even with formula there is no guarantee. Check out the detergents you use for baby and yourself, eliminate air fresheners, use allergy friendly cleaning supplies...it can make a difference.

meme6

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:03 am
My baby was on an expensive formula. And not nursing he was covered in eczema the tests showed he wasn’t allergic at all to the formula it’s not always good.

meme6

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:03 am
Sorry it’s not always food
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics