Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Would you go to the doctor?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:50 am
I BH am a healthy young woman. For the past 2 weeks I have experience seasonal allergies that gave me a cough that disappears with zyrtec. However, I'm having extreme anxiety about coronavirus.Therefore, I'm feeling tightness in my chest and when I force myself to breath feel funny like it always feels when a dr asks you to breath. My oxygen levels are normal. I'm wondering if I should write off these symptoms as anxiety or if chv I could have developed asthma or if they are just from allergies. I'm not an anxious person but have health anxiety and have experienced other weird feelings in the past. I really don't ever discuss with my doctor but am wondering what you think. Thanks. No one around me is sick BH.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:44 pm
Do you have a fever? Is it over 101?

If you are running a fever that is high, do NOT go to your doctor, call your local emergency services.

Most doctors are cancelling all non-emergency appointments. If you have even the tiniest sniffle or cough, they will tell you to stay home and stay away from other people. Stay hydrated with lots of hot tea and chicken soup.

Doctor's offices are some of the germy-est places you could go, so if you're not actually sick now, you definitely could catch something there.

Currently there are not enough Corona tests to go around, so unless you are hospitalized or have a real reason to think you've been exposed (like overseas travel), you're not going to get tested.

IYH it's just allergies, and that you'll be OK with some Sinutab.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:53 pm
No I BH do not have a fever. I don't think it is coronavirus I'm wondering if the slight tightness in my chest could be from anxiety and would it last this long or if I should go to the doctor and check that up for chv new asthma (never had before) or if it is just likely anxiety and I should try to ignore it ..

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:53 pm
BTW, FF, are you feeling better?

mamma llama

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:55 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Currently there are not enough Corona tests to go around, so unless you are hospitalized or have a real reason to think you've been exposed (like overseas travel), you're not going to get tested.

If you live in NY, another thread mentioned that many urgent cares are providing the test even if yo don't have major symptoms.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics