Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Loose diapers and bad diaper rash

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:22 pm
Could very loose diapers and a terrible diaper rash be the only symptom of allergies? For the last few months my toddler keeps having a few days of diaper rashes and very loose diapers. Can’t figure out what it’s from.

Also could allergies develop at 2 years old? Toddler isn’t eating anything different now so it’s so strange. How do I get to the bottom of it?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:31 pm
Diaper rashes can come from sitting in wet or dirty diaper for to long. It can be ur baby is reacting to the brand of diaper ur using.
Change more frequently and put a&d ointment every time u change diaper til rash is away.
Loose stomach can come from virus, food, medicine.....

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:35 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Diaper rashes can come from sitting in wet or dirty diaper for to long. It can be ur baby is reacting to the brand of diaper ur using.
Change more frequently and put a&d ointment every time u change diaper til rash is away.
Loose stomach can come from virus, food, medicine.....

I change him literally as soon as he’s done going. No sitting in any diapers. I keep putting creams on to no avail. I can’t imagine he’s getting stomach viruses every few weeks and always on the weekends. He hasn’t been on any meds recently. And no new foods introduced. I’m feeling totally helpless.

amother
Green

Post Sat, Mar 14 2020, 11:44 pm
Mine got that from teething

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:12 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Mine got that from teething

When do kids stop teething? He seems to have all teeth for a while.

naomi2

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:22 am
If it's always on the weekends maybe it is a sensitivity to a shobbos food. Does it have a particular smell like eggs or choulent etc? Try to stop feeding him this certain foods and reintroduce them one at a time.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:29 am
naomi2 wrote:
If it's always on the weekends maybe it is a sensitivity to a shobbos food. Does it have a particular smell like eggs or choulent etc? Try to stop feeding him this certain foods and reintroduce them one at a time.

This. Re the rash, it could be your kids reaction the the diaper. I has the same with my kid. I would change bis diaper right away. But the poo and the chemicals of the diaper burned his bottom instantly upon contact.
Get Triple Paste cream. It works better than any cream I ever tried.
Try switching diaper brands. I use pamoers swaddlers now. He even once slept in a djrty diaper and there was no rash!!!
Also, I find that often one diaper can be goid for a while then it can start bothering the baby. I used the same brand for my sin forb6 months. It was fine. Until it wasn't....
Good Luck

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:57 am
Maybe time to try potty training him!
My boy was potty trained a little over 2 years so it's possible.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:14 am
I’m going nuts , he’s in so much pain. Trying every cream and it’s not getting better. What should I do??

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m going nuts , he’s in so much pain. Trying every cream and it’s not getting better. What should I do??

Try probiotics (like culturelle)

my mama

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 12:43 pm
Dr. Wheatgrass is amazing for diaper rashes. And while allergies can develop at any time I doubt these are symptoms of an allergy.

mochamix18

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:03 pm
I just wrote this on another thread but 40% zinc oxide cream works wonders
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics