Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Any flights leaving Israel

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:47 am
My kid's flight from Israel was canceled (I know, shocker!) I'm trying to rebook and I'm wondering if it pays. Are they still allowing flights back in? There's a flight going through Amsterdam - will it happen or did they just forget to update their website? Anybody know? There's an el al flight going out as well. Should I bother rebooking another flight now or just resign myself that dc will stay in Israel for Pesach (we have family he can stay by)?

Anyone know?

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:55 am
Speak to a travel agent. There’s definitely a flight scheduled for Thursday with seminary girls scheduled to arrive from Israel.

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 11:06 am
There are flights being chartered to bring seminary girls home. At cost of $1600to $!800 one way.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 11:11 am
Right now there are flights being sold online for $600 to $800, two way. Also there is an el al flight scheduled for about $1300 two way. Are these flights real?

And anyway, he has to go back after Pesach. Will the flights actually go back? I feel like there's a lot that's up in the air right now.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 11:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I feel like there's a lot that's up in the air right now.

Except the planes...

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right now there are flights being sold online for $600 to $800, two way. Also there is an el al flight scheduled for about $1300 two way. Are these flights real?

And anyway, he has to go back after Pesach. Will the flights actually go back? I feel like there's a lot that's up in the air right now.

You’re best off booking through a travel agent so you don’t get scammed.

overworked

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:31 pm
my son is scheduled to come home Thursday 10:30morning flight with united iyh

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:46 pm
I just booked my dd on a really cheap flight with a stop in Amsterdam. (we are in Europe though) Turkish also have flights...look on momondo.

I hope her flight goes ahead...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:48 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
I just booked my dd on a really cheap flight with a stop in Amsterdam. (we are in Europe though) Turkish also have flights...look on momondo.

I hope her flight goes ahead...

Yes I saw these flights. I'm in the U S - are these flights still coming in or am I paying for nothing?

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes I saw these flights. I'm in the U S - are these flights still coming in or am I paying for nothing?

I don't know. We booked on easyjet to Amsterdam and a ryanair flight onwards. But if the flight is cancelled the airline will refund your money - I just applied for a refund for another easyjet flight which was cancelled for a different daughter and it was very easy to do.

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 1:54 pm
I don't think you can assume he will be able to come back to Israel for long while if he leaves now

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 2:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I know someone who just landed with Turkish.
So he can still come home for Pesach.

If he HAS to go back after pesach, then don’t bring him home.
If he is In Yeshiva, note that they are closing yeshivas so have a backup plan.
All students coming home need to be prepared that they are not returning after pesach for the foreseeable future.

If he is not in Yeshiva, he should be prepared regardless that he may not be able to go back.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:17 pm
It’s a difficult decision. But given the hours long waits at immigration, and the obvious risks of being stuck in close quarters not only in the plane, but in the lines, think about whether your child would be better off staying in Israel.

BH that’s not us this year. And I think I’d take the risk, but still, consider it.

Hatzlacha.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:19 pm
There are flights coming back.
Ppl are paying the higher rates because they are afraid. But travel agents expect flights to still go.
It might pay to call one for help.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:20 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
It’s a difficult decision. But given the hours long waits at immigration, and the obvious risks of being stuck in close quarters not only in the plane, but in the lines, think about whether your child would be better off staying in Israel.

BH that’s not us this year. And I think I’d take the risk, but still, consider it.

Hatzlacha.

Thank you. I agree with you and think he should stay, but he still wants to come home. I'm not excited that he would be spending so much time in a crowded airport, not to mention the close quarters of an airplane for so many hours.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
There are flights coming back.
Ppl are paying the higher rates because they are afraid. But travel agents expect flights to still go.
It might pay to call one for help.

I stupidly used up my credit card limits on two different flights, and its going to take a few weeks for me to receive the refund Banging head . I booked online so no-one to talk to, if I would have booked through a travel agency... I would not be in the predicament I'm in now.

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I stupidly used up my credit card limits on two different flights, and its going to take a few weeks for me to receive the refund Banging head . I booked online so no-one to talk to, if I would have booked through a travel agency... I would not be in the predicament I'm in now.

Me too...
I cant belive we spent hours jumping through hoops with cheapflight guru to get it go through
After justfly kept cacelling over and over bevause it was a new cc and they had the address wrong
Only for flight to be cancelled now I have to wait for airline to process refund or credit card to credit the dispute
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics