Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Anyone have grandparents or parents not being careful:(

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:28 pm
What do you do??? I have relative around 70 years old with some health issues that is not being careful and is going out and about etc all confident and ignoring what's going on and it frightens me...this person has a very outgoing personality type that cant ever stay cooped up for long...in tri state area..I feel kind of helpless about what to do

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What do you do??? I have relative around 70 years old with some health issues that is not being careful and is going out and about etc all confident and ignoring what's going on and it frightens me...this person has a very outgoing personality type that cant ever stay cooped up for long...in tri state area..I feel kind of helpless about what to do

There is nothing you can do except doven. My husband has health issues and he's out and about. His parnosa requires it right now. Iy"h he will be able to work from home

IrenaFr

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My MIL and FIL are the same Sad I don’t know how to convince them to stay inside Sad

rzab

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 3:51 pm
Yup, my parents don't think this is serious at all....
I don't know what we can do though. I think the newest restrictions in israel has shaken them up a bit. Hopefully they're starting to understand the severity of the situation

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:25 pm
I wanted to send my 87 yo mom Shabbos seudos & my sister said no, she thinks it's worse to isolate her, let her eat with us.

I didn't want to make the decision, so I said fine. It's all in Hashem's hands. Anyhow she's a great hand washer...

(Anon in case I'm the only one here with an 87 yo OCD mother...)

imasinger

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:59 pm
If your mom is isolating from most others and so are you, it's okay to be together. The problem is if either part is not isolating.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:42 pm
My father is being an idiot and going to the gym. I, my siblings and my mom are fighting with him but he thinks we are making a big deal out of nothing. Honestly, I hope they will close it soon.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:50 pm
My 65 year old parents, just flew to Florida on vacation..
Yes, I hope they’re at the very least, washing their hands consistently.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:30 pm
My father, who is nearly 75, is completely in denial. He thinks all his family and friends ought to come live with him because there haven't yet been any cases of coronavirus in his town. He doesn't seem to understand that that's an excellent way to spread illness.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:35 pm
My father is in his 70s with health issues and hardly leaves the house. It used to bother me a lot bc I think it has more to do with depression than health issues, but for once I'm happy he's a shut in.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:48 pm
My parents are in denial. Both in their upper 60s and not in good health. Living life as usual. I’m begging and pleading with them to stay home but they’re not listening.
I can’t control them, I can only make suggestions. I can’t live their life for them but it is the most painful thing to watch
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics