Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you letting your cleaning lady come? Bkln
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:03 pm
Not sure if I should tell my cleaning lady to come as usual or not. She travels here on the subway. What are all you doing?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:04 pm
No

mom of many kih

I wonder if my cleaning lady will want to come....

amother
Amber

I cancelled for the week, am paying my cleaning lady half pay.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:06 pm
mom of many kih wrote:
I wonder if my cleaning lady will want to come....

Yes, many of them are so desperate to work, they come even when they're sick or as early as 2 weeks postpartum.
I let my cleaning lady go 2 weeks ago, she was coughing and sneezing non stop, without covering her mouth. I told her I don't need help anymore.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:11 pm
I certainly hope she comes!!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:16 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I certainly hope she comes!!

Me too!
Im literally praying she should stay healthy.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:16 pm
Will be devastated if she doesn't come!! Obviously of she is coughing etc. I'll ask her to go home and feel better.

mom of many kih

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:19 pm
With all kids home of course I need her coming....shes my sanity!

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:21 pm
I’ll gladly take any of yours! Mine can’t come because she has school aged kids home now.
Feel free to hug me Crying

s c

In the UK our gov isn't shutting anything down so since we are all still going to work, school, using public transport etc cant see any reason to cancel. I feel like we are all just sitting ducks. They WANT at least 60% of us to get it for herd immunity. (Vent over)

amother
Lilac

Yes she is a careful person...always washes her hands, and she is super cautions of corona

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:23 pm
I have been having her scrub for weeks. I open the door and the closet door for her. I disinfect her phone because even though she is not supposed to be on it, I catch her. I make her wash her hands every 2 hrs and change gloves between bathrooms. She Clorox wipes down all handles and door pulls.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:23 pm
Double post

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:30 pm
Is my biggest Shalom bayit issues.
I am not in it or clean person by nature. And he is a neat/clean freak, but it does not do any of it. He would be happy to pay as many times a week as I would let (no we are not wealthy and really can't afford).I am neurotic about corona and do not what her to come (after traffic by public transportation), and he just wants (in life) for her to mop our floor and clean the bathrooms.

I am going to have to try to figure out how to scrub our house ( only compromise I can think of, which is having the house sparkling clean for him, and her not coming into my home for me ), while working, figuring out taking care of the kids, and everything else I do. Mind you, this will also be my first year making Pesach.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:36 pm
I am having her come because she is cleaning. I am not closer to her than anyone else as I don’t touch her. I am in no more danger from her than from any other person unless I completely hibernate. When she comes in, her hands are getting washed and cleaned from her cleaning.

I have told her that if she feels ill, I will pay her for days missed. If I support companies paying sick leave the I should not excuse myself from also providing sick leave under these circumstances.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 11:31 pm
Of coruse she should come. I need her help with pesach cleaning. she's even gonna bring her daughter as public school has been canceled.... Sad

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:10 am
no

Goldie613

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 2:04 am
Was wondering something similar in terms of having a repair man come in...

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:29 am
s c wrote:
In the UK our gov isn't shutting anything down so since we are all still going to work, school, using public transport etc cant see any reason to cancel. I feel like we are all just sitting ducks. They WANT at least 60% of us to get it for herd immunity. (Vent over)

I read that 80 percent are going to get it or be severely affected in some way. They expect it to last until next year (spring 2021) I'm getting quite worried now...Hashem will keep us safe iyH. My son starts school late today as 2 suspected cases arose last night. They were going to cancel the whole day. They're probably getting it deep cleaned and then they can all go. What is a 12 year old meant to do at home all day when everything is running as usual?! BH
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics