Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Shocked at Shoppers!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:43 pm
This is the scene that greeted me today as I walked down the avenue passing by many shoe and clothing stores. The stores were mobbed with people doing their spring shopping. People were literally all over each other, touching the same clothes and shoes... Kids were all over the place, sitting on benches literally breathing onto each other. I just don’t get why are people not taking the quick spread of the virus seriously??!! Are the latest shoes and clothes more important?? Shouldn’t stores only allow a certain number of people in at a time??
(Yes I’m sure some kids outgrew their clothes and shoes just like my kids did, but not at the rate I saw today. I didn’t step foot into a single store.)

amother
Black

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:45 pm
Im wondering if these were the same hypocrites that bought out all the toilet paper

small bean

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:46 pm
It is because we created a aense of pa ic. Thsy there just won't be. Of course it is not logical it is fear driven. The panic needs to stop.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:46 pm
Can you imagine the horror if you bought your kids new summer clothing and they would end up wearing their old winter shoes with the new summer things??

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:49 pm
small bean wrote:
It is because we created a aense of pa ic. Thsy there just won't be. Of course it is not logical it is fear driven. The panic needs to stop.

Oh please. It’s the same mob scene that I see every year, nothing to do with Corona panic, except that I believed people would be responsible enough to avoid the crowds and not intentionally create it!!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Can you imagine the horror if you bought your kids new summer clothing and they would end up wearing their old winter shoes with the new summer things??

I dont want to see

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:54 pm
If everyone will be stuck in their houses over YT, who exactly will they need to show off their perfect matching spring ensembles to? People are hilarious

small bean

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh please. It’s the same mob scene that I see every year, nothing to do with Corona panic, except that I believed people would be responsible enough to avoid the crowds and not intentionally create it!!!

This is going on in every store. Grocery. I saw it in home depot today etc. I dont live on BP so no idea what a month before pesach looks like in these stores but the craziness is everywhere.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:15 pm
I know that some stores are going by 15 minute time slots and only 10 people allowed in at a time. Some stores are by appointment only.
I was at 3 groceries today, no crowds, no mobs, no lines, no empty shelves.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:15 pm
small bean wrote:
This is going on in every store. Grocery. I saw it in home depot today etc. I dont live on BP so no idea what a month before pesach looks like in these stores but the craziness is everywhere.

Groceries are a necessity. New shoes and a bunch of new clothes are not. I just can’t understand how people can be so irresponsible?? Considering all that is being done to AVOID being in crowds, let alone breath on top of each other for some silly clothes that they will wear in 3 months...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:17 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
I know that some stores are going by 15 minute time slots and only 10 people allowed in at a time. Some stores are by appointment only.
I was at 3 groceries today, no crowds, no mobs, no lines, no empty shelves.

Kudos to them for putting everyone’s health first. I definitely did NOT see this in Bklyn.

lilies

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Groceries are a necessity. New shoes and a bunch of new clothes are not. I just can’t understand how people can be so irresponsible?? Considering all that is being done to AVOID being in crowds, let alone breath on top of each other for some silly clothes that they will wear in 3 months...

My kid needs new shoes as old ones are too tight. Same for clothing as they grew.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:32 pm
Possibly my child’s self esteem might be at risk if I don’t shop when everyone else will be wearing new things...
That’s important too..
I’m not in an area that has any known corona virus cases (yet )

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:32 pm
lilies wrote:
My kid needs new shoes as old ones are too tight. Same for clothing as they grew.

My kids need new shoes and clothes as well. But I'm not stepping into mob scene stores. I'm doing whatever I can online, otherwise we'll manage with what we have.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:34 pm
lilies wrote:

Shop online and just make it work!

lilies

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:34 pm
amother [ Mauve ] wrote:
My kids need new shoes and clothes as well. But I'm not stepping into mob scene stores. I'm doing whatever I can online, otherwise we'll manage with what we have.

Didn't realize what you meant. Definitely online, more for convenience than corona though. Or as my son calls it - coroona Smile

SingALong

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:49 pm
I Bh bought my kids shoes before the virus exploded but if I hadn’t I’d def be ordering online. Some still need weekday shoes so I’ll just order those, not stepping into crowded stores no way

gamanit

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:17 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
If everyone will be stuck in their houses over YT, who exactly will they need to show off their perfect matching spring ensembles to? People are hilarious

Instagram and WhatsApp. The world isn't going away even if we are all staying home.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:18 am
gamanit wrote:
Instagram and WhatsApp. The world isn't going away even if we are all staying home.

Oish.
I think someone should open a Photoshop business for Yom Tov outfits on social media.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:34 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:

Totally abusive.
LOL
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics