Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Subbing question

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:37 pm
A close friend of mine is subbing a lower grades class (doesn’t matter boys or girls) and was given NO lesson plans, curriculum or anything to do with the kids. Is this normal? She’s figuring out things on her own but sounds dysfunctional, no?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:53 pm
Depends. I did some long term subbing for someone who had a baby about 2 weeks early and didn't have things organized, so I had to create my own lesson plan. Presumably the school will hire someone who is willing to do that.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:17 pm
Most schools have an English principal or someone to talk to.

smss

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:02 am
Unless she is an experienced teacher and the expectation was that she would do the lesson planning herself, no that isn't normal.

dankbar

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:09 am
Most teachers leave work for their longterm subs because they want the learning to continue. If its only for a day, then they are just babysitters who need to entertain the kids on their own. She should ask teacher though, because there is always work they can do in a workbook or read the text from a book, besides for new exciting lessons.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics