Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please help- terrible diaper rash
Previous  1  2

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:34 pm
Please see this diaper treatment article from Dr. Axe https://draxe.com/health/diaper-rash/

Summary:

1. Magnesium Oil

2. Calendula Cream

3. Bentonite Clay

4. Avoid Baby Wipes and Cornstarch.

I also agree with going diaper free as fresh air is healing. Also daily baths.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:37 pm
Dont wipe with tissues. Just bathe the baby in warm water in the bathtub. Try to add tsp. dry oatmeal, which helps with skin irritation.
Dont wipe, just wrap him in an old cotton undershirt to dry.
Less pain.
Over the counter zinc oxide helped me. I also had nystatin. I'm so sorry for your little one. He must be suffering so. Refua shelayma.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 4:37 pm
When my baby had that it was likely mix of yeast infection and diaper rash so we did nystatin and Bactrian first and then loaded desitin on top of that.. cleared up pretty fast

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 5:49 pm
If it’s extremely red you might need to get a prescription for silvadene- it’s a burn cream that works very well to heal raw skin from diaper rash. Show the rash to your child’s pediatrician.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:00 pm
take room temperature egg white, beat a little with fork till slightly frothy, shmear on raw skin.

If it helps, it will soothe within half an hour.

this is used in burn units on raw skin and recommended by homeopaths for diaper rash.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not even using wipes. Just water and dabbing with tissues.

Start off with clean skin. Give a bath and make sure she is clean. (Don't use much baby soap on the direct area, just let her soak in a bath. Use baking soda in the tub if she needs soothing relief and wash down the rest of her body with baby soap.)
Now smear Clotrimazole antifungal cream lightly over raw areas. Top with a heavy hand of Triple Paste. Seal it all in with pure cornstarch (like from your kitchen). Put her to bed and by morning it should start looking better.
Repeat the layers of cream and powder with every diaper change, but use the Clotrimazole part only 3 times a day. And make sure she is getting a bath each night and layering her up because that is when the real healing happens.
Hugs! I know what this is like.

Teomima

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 6:56 pm
It could also be a fungal infection or a symptom of hand foot mouth disease. Might be worth getting a doctor to check it out, if nothing else is helping.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:15 pm
OP, I see you got plenty of advice. Hopefully, you're baby is doing better by now.

What I've found always always helps is to open a capsule of probiotics, sprinkle it over the area, and then top it off with extra virgin olive oil. I've been doing this for years and bh works magic here!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:25 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
OP, I see you got plenty of advice. Hopefully, you're baby is doing better by now.

What I've found always always helps is to open a capsule of probiotics, sprinkle it over the area, and then top it off with extra virgin olive oil. I've been doing this for years and bh works magic here!

I don’t have capsules but have probiotic drops. Will try that. So far it’s not better. Will take him to the doctor tomorrow if it’s not better.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 7:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t have capsules but have probiotic drops. Will try that. So far it’s not better. Will take him to the doctor tomorrow if it’s not better.

Check the ingredients before you use it. If it has sugar or other additives, I wouldn't use it. That's why I said capsules.

Tiredmom7

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:14 pm
I’ve always used Aztec clay for this. Cleans up the rash really quickly

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:21 pm
ynms wrote:
Mixture of balmex+ aquaphor and caldscene powder on top. Really have good experience if this.

excellent results, creams and caldescene THICK, after washing with warm soap and water

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:24 pm
The purple desitin and baby powder on top. It works right away. A diaper rash is extremely painful. Pleas try it. If u don’t have desitin at home try any other cream that u were advised and put baby powder on top. When using a cream it has to have powder on top to really help. Please keep us posted when it went away.

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 10:38 pm
Sometimes diapers that have perfumes can be causing the rash, try hypoallergenic ones with no color or scent and petroleum jelly after diaper change might work, ask a doctor first.

ntm1

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:23 am
Corn starch Corn starch and more corn starch!!!
If it doesnt help then you need a dr.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics