Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
So sad I will be in quarantine alone :(
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Mar 13 2020, 11:53 am
OP I don't have much to add, just wanted to send you a warm hug!

I waited for my son over 7 years.. and thought that 7 years is unbearable... I can't even imagine what you're going through!!

banana split

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:52 am
Thank you so much for giving us your perspective. This corona virus is such a nisayon for many of us in so many various ways. I know I’m feeling sorry for myself that I need to be home with two sons who have ADHD and ODD (plus others kids kah) who get along like oil and water. And my house is chaotic on shabbos when my boys are home so now we have a chaotic few weeks or however long it takes. Reading your post has put things into perspective for me and I will have your words in my mind when I am breaking up fights and tantrums and everything else that goes on here. I can’t imagine what you are going through and I have you in my thoughts and tefilos. I’m posting bec I’m wondering if you can find solace in thinking about people dealing with kids who have major behavioral challenges and these few weeks will be intensely challenging because of a different reason then yours. Hugs to you and HaShem should Bless you with your own child very soon.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:06 am
OP, I will be quarantined alone starting today. That means no humans for minimum 8 weeks. That's alone! At least your husband comes home. At least you will have a home because your husband's parnosa is continuing.

Count your blessings.

My blessing is that I have the ability to quarantine for a long time, and iy"h, I won't get stricken by the coronavirus.

This is a hard situation for everyone. You need to keep your spirits up. There's people in a lot worse situations than you.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:38 am
I am in madotary quarantine we well
Get our results hopefully today
The testing didn’t hurt the put a swab up you’re nose and something down you’re throat

DVOM

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 8:45 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
OP, I will be quarantined alone starting today. That means no humans for minimum 8 weeks. That's alone! At least your husband comes home. At least you will have a home because your husband's parnosa is continuing.

Count your blessings.

My blessing is that I have the ability to quarantine for a long time, and iy"h, I won't get stricken by the coronavirus.

This is a hard situation for everyone. You need to keep your spirits up. There's people in a lot worse situations than you.

This is not a competition.

If you're home alone without kids because your work is closed and your work was your source of meaning and purpose, that's really hard. If your stuck at home with a bunch of very bored children trying to get pesach made, that's really hard. If you were supposed to go to your mom for yom tov and now you cant, that's really hard! If you have no work because this virus closed down your place of business, and you now have no source of income, that's really hard! If you are expected to work from home with all your kids around, thats really hard!!!

Its all hard, people. Stop competing!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:11 am
DVOM wrote:

If you're home alone without kids because your work is closed and your work was your source of meaning and purpose, that's really hard. If your stuck at home with a bunch of very bored children trying to get pesach made, that's really hard. If you were supposed to go to your mom for yom tov and now you cant, that's really hard! If you have no work because this virus closed down your place of business, and you now have no source of income, that's really hard! If you are expected to work from home with all your kids around, thats really hard!!!

Yes
And let’s stop this competing in every other area of our lives as well
It’s enough

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:22 am
DVOM wrote:

It wasn't meant as a one up. Often on this sight, people cheer up by others misery and you know that's true.

Someone is jealous that their sil has a bigger house, they feel better that she had SB problems.

I don't know what it is that makes the ladies hear feel better about their own situation if they hear someone else has worse problems.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:43 am
NPYOB wrote:
Thank you so much for giving us your perspective. This corona virus is such a nisayon for many of us in so many various ways. I know I’m feeling sorry for myself that I need to be home with two sons who have ADHD and ODD (plus others kids kah) who get along like oil and water. And my house is chaotic on shabbos when my boys are home so now we have a chaotic few weeks or however long it takes. Reading your post has put things into perspective for me and I will have your words in my mind when I am breaking up fights and tantrums and everything else that goes on here. I can’t imagine what you are going through and I have you in my thoughts and tefilos. I’m posting bec I’m wondering if you can find solace in thinking about people dealing with kids who have major behavioral challenges and these few weeks will be intensely challenging because of a different reason then yours. Hugs to you and HaShem should Bless you with your own child very soon.

If someone is thinking they will grow old and never have chi ldren, no it doesn't give them solace to know people have difficult kids,not to mention you know you'd never want to trade places in a million years. I never get these posts, they always make it sound like they think they have it worse than a childless person and is way more hurtful than helpful. With all due respect to DVmom's point, think to yourself whatever you want, but please realize this is an inappropriate thing to say to be suffering person in any case it's making it all about you and not about the person you are trying to "help" remember op said she's been dealing with this for 15 years, that's a long time and you really don't know how old she is and if she has hope left.

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:59 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
If someone is thinking they will grow old and never have chi ldren, no it doesn't give them solace to know people have difficult kids,not to mention you know you'd never want to trade places in a million years. I never get these posts, they always make it sound like they think they have it worse than a childless person and is way more hurtful than helpful. With all due respect to DVmom's point, think to yourself whatever you want, but please realize this is an inappropriate thing to say to be suffering person in any case it's making it all about you and not about the person you are trying to "help" remember op said she's been dealing with this for 15 years, that's a long time and you really don't know how old she is and if she has hope left.

Well said!
Bottom line, she wasn’t really asking for any solution. She was simply venting and everyone has a right to vent.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics