Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Loss of salary

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 2:57 pm
What are all seits/setts teachers doing at this time? My dh got laid off a few weeks ago and now I too am out of a job! Anyone have insight?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:05 pm
As of now I work hourly babysitting so I won't be getting paid for I am very worried but hopefully everything will be ok and everyone will be healthy.also you can suspended mortgage hopefully

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:31 pm
Any other seits/setts teachers in the same boat?

amother
White

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:48 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
As of now I work hourly babysitting so I won't be getting paid for I am very worried but hopefully everything will be ok and everyone will be healthy.also you can suspended mortgage hopefully

Can you babysit for ppl that still need to go to work?

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:50 pm
Apply for food stamps, unemployment , etc. That's our plan .

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 3:51 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Can you babysit for ppl that still need to go to work?

No bec that would defeat the point of social distancing otherwise some of my parents might have sent here and there but if I am not working vfull time it's not the same money anyway

Motherhood

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 7:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes. Me. No idea what will be. I’m hoping that since I work for the government they will figure something out. Otherwise, I guess, unemployment...

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:30 pm
yes, me. My husband is a SEIT provider and our main breadwinner. Just the mere thought of loss of income sends us into panic mode... OP youre not alone even if it doesn't make things easier

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:38 pm
Me too.
I'm a playgroup assistant.
My husband is our main breadwinner. He drives a school bus (ft, a decent parnassa btw) and does maintenance on the busses.
We are both out of work.
He can make some as salary- the amount for maintenance.
I'm literally having panic attacks and freaking out.
And then, we read things how this can go on indefinitely until the school year ends, and I can't.
I'm scared of being homeless. Of drowning in debt that I can never escape from.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:54 pm
notshanarishona wrote:

Are government offices open to apply even?

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:14 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Are government offices open to apply even?

Unemployment application is on-line.

I don't know anything about food stamps but you could check the website or call for information on how to apply.

Since McConnell has not viewed passing the Relief Package voted on by the House last week as negotiated with Mnunchin who knows when the expedited relief will actually be available to those who need it.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:13 am
Motherhood wrote:
Yes. Me. No idea what will be. I’m hoping that since I work for the government they will figure something out. Otherwise, I guess, unemployment...

Same here!! I was told by my agency that I can go to their homes. Problem is the parents either don't want that or they don't live near me. Co-workers are worried as well.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:19 am
notshanarishona wrote:

We need this! How do I apply for for stamps in Brooklyn? I prefer through the help of an agency. Any govt assistance would be great. Both of our jobs are out until the end of this year now due to the virus Sad
(Until end of school year)

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I work as a seit and am in the same boat Sad for now I'm not feeling it since payroll for February is still coming in later this week, but next months will be small (Bec I only worked a small amount in March) and after that will be nothing Sad . I don't know what I'll do....

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What are all seits/setts teachers doing at this time? My dh got laid off a few weeks ago and now I too am out of a job! Anyone have insight?

If you live in Brooklyn then you can go to Masbia to pick up dinner to go as well as pantry (they are giving out pantry for two weeks at a time). Try to go to the Boro Park location for the best items available but the Flatbush location would work as well if you cant get to Boro Park. They also have a location in Queens for anyone needing food pantry or dinner.

https://www.masbia.org/corona

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:04 pm
Got an email from my agency that I am unable to file for unemployment because the city does not approve it Crying

ces

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Got an email from my agency that I am unable to file for unemployment because the city does not approve it Crying

I wouldn't rely on that. They have a vested interest in you not filing for unemployment. Take the time to do it anyway.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:11 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

You should ALWAYS apply for unemployment as soon as you can. Let someone else decide if you are eligible.

The sooner you apply the sooner the benefits will start.

Also these are exceptional times so rules about eligibility are probably going to be modified especially in terms of assisting people who no longer have jobs or the ability to earn money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics