Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Shocked at Shoppers!
Previous  1  2  3

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 2:51 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Where is this?

Shoppers Haven in Monsey

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is the scene that greeted me today as I walked down the avenue passing by many shoe and clothing stores. The stores were mobbed with people doing their spring shopping. People were literally all over each other, touching the same clothes and shoes... Kids were all over the place, sitting on benches literally breathing onto each other. I just don’t get why are people not taking the quick spread of the virus seriously??!! Are the latest shoes and clothes more important?? Shouldn’t stores only allow a certain number of people in at a time??
(Yes I’m sure some kids outgrew their clothes and shoes just like my kids did, but not at the rate I saw today. I didn’t step foot into a single store.)

What else is new? This goes on every year
Starting in January and then in July as soon as Instagram explodes with the new season. We are guilty of our own undoing.

I pine for the days when designer clothing for kids required a trip to the expensive department stores instead of being surrounded by an explosion of designer shops in our own community. Those were the days of gap and strawberry and less mass hysteria.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 4:25 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
What else is new? This goes on every year
Starting in January and then in July as soon as Instagram explodes with the new season. We are guilty of our own undoing.

I pine for the days when designer clothing for kids required a trip to the expensive department stores instead of being surrounded by an explosion of designer shops in our own community. Those were the days of gap and strawberry and less mass hysteria.

Coronavirus.
That’s what’s new.
And it’s highly contagious.
And we should be trying to contain it, not spread it like wildfire.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 4:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Coronavirus.
That’s what’s new.
And it’s highly contagious.
And we should be trying to contain it, not spread it like wildfire.

But of course. That goes without saying. I’m just pointing out that the hysteria is already an ongoing issue that isn’t justifiable either.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics