Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Does two week old need to sleep in my room?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:05 pm
It's very stressful for me, and Dh is a very noisy person.

I can move rooms but I would have an uncomfortable sleep.

I would leave a baby monitor on.

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:07 pm
It's a personal choice of what you feel comfortable doing. I keep my babies in my room till about 8 months. I'd be too nervous for a newborn to sleep out of my room.
DH snores so he sleeps on the couch till the baby goes out of the room.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:09 pm
My husband is an ems volunteer and we sleep with radios going a whole night all my babies slept through it they get used to it. I sleep through it also none of my kids hear it. I would keep baby in room and he will get used to it quickly

rachel6543

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:19 pm
Is it absolutely necessary? No. You should do what is best for you. However, stating that, room sharing with your infant does help with SIDS prevention and is always safer for a baby, especially with a newborn. If noise is a concern, then I’d recommend getting a sound machine or download a sound machine app to your phone/tablet/computer (there are free options).

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:24 pm
I like keeping them nearby until they're sleeping mostly through the night just because it's easier to feed and go right back to sleep.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:50 pm
I've never had a newborn sleep in my room at night. I put their crib right outside the door and leave the door open the first few weeks.

small bean

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 8:53 pm
Your baby will wake to eat in middle of the night. If you want to leave the room to feed him, change him and put him back to bed multiple times in a night then that's fine.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:01 pm
small bean wrote:
Your baby will wake to eat in middle of the night. If you want to leave the room to feed him, change him and put him back to bed multiple times in a night then that's fine.

In the nursery, I have a glider where I would nurse, and a changing table for diapers. In my room, I have to bend over to change diapers, and don't have such a comfy place to nurse.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:02 pm
I would never be able to sleep knowing my newborn is not in my room. I would be too nervous.

small bean

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In the nursery, I have a glider where I would nurse, and a changing table for diapers. In my room, I have to bend over to change diapers, and don't have such a comfy place to nurse.

It sounds like sleeping out of the room will work for you. So go for it.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:14 pm
I could never. But I'm sure some people do.2 weeks you're all the baby knows and wants.
0-3 months is the 4th trimester for a reason. They solely rely on you for comfort, security and substance.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:24 pm
Don’t let people guilt you. My babies go straight from the hospital into their own bedrooms. We both sleep better. When the baby wakes up I get out of bed, feed baby in the rocking chair, and then once baby is settled again go back to my bed for proper sleep. Instead of having my baby with me and half feeding and then going back to sleep only to wake again to finish feeding and burp etc.

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Mar 15 2020, 9:25 pm
I can’t sleep with baby so close and out her in her own room from night one.

rosezee

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 1:24 pm
Baby will get use to the noise

You can try right outside your door?

I’d recommend not to put in different room..

Librarian

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 6:40 pm
I have never kept any of my 4 children in my room. I leave the monitor on and I almost always wake up before they do - probably from the little noises they make before they completely wake up
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics