Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
The real reason for the over abundant toilet paper purchases

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:52 pm
Disclaimer: I did not stock up.
But as I’m looking around my tissue strewn bathroom, thanks to my 2 & 4 yr old fun activity, I understood. The kids just love shlepping 🧻 . Having them home now for an indefinite amount of time we will be going through an indefinite amount of tree killing to have enough tissues...

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:56 pm
🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻🧻
=

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:57 pm
Point being, stocking up only makes it more enticing to tp abusers.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:59 pm
We are not from those that support the Charmin bear family! We support the tissue company instead.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 9:59 pm
Thanks a lot to all of you who stocked up and are using it now for arts and crafts, there were ZERO packs in the store when I just went shopping. Sad

(Don't feel that bad for us, I did buy a few boxes of tissues, we'll survive - but we are a kah large family that DOES go through large amounts on a regular basis anyhow...)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Point being, stocking up only makes it more enticing to tp abusers.
well well, if my kids would make such elaborate arts n crafts vult shein geven...

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:02 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Thanks a lot to all of you who stocked up and are using it now for arts and crafts, there were ZERO packs in the store when I just went shopping.

So far, all the people doing arts and crafts are those who did NOT stock up.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:46 pm
Thanks a lot to all of you who stocked up and are using it now for arts and crafts, there were ZERO packs in the store when I just went shopping. Sad

(Don't feel that bad for us, I did buy a few boxes of tissues, we'll survive - but we are a kah large family that DOES go through large amounts on a regular basis anyhow...)

Toilet paper manufacturers say there's PLENTY. Everyone needs to relax.

mamma llama

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:54 pm

I heard a joke that I think can help you:

Man1 goes into a bathroom stall and discovers there's no tp.
Man1: [knocks on next stall] Hey, can you pass me some tp?
Man2: Sorry. I only have enough for myself.
2 minutes pass...
Man1: [knocks again] Do you have change of a $20?

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 10:57 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
Toilet paper manufacturers say there's PLENTY. Everyone needs to relax.

Yeah, I know, that's why I didn't stock up on anything.

But when I went to do my weekly grocery shopping, there was NOTHING there! No eggs, no flour, no pasta, no apple juice, no toilet paper. It's not available on Amazon Pantry either.

We're not going to starve, but that's how this feeds off itself - if I can't rely on food being in the store when I need it, I need to hoard it when I do find it.

It is really annoying.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:01 am
Although I had toilet paper in the house, I did buy 2 more 6 packs which isn't exactly a hoard.
Someone made a joke about those post-partum squirt bottles but that really might work to use less toilet paper.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:26 am
I think the reason there's no toilet paper is because people can't steal it from work.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:19 am
Stop and shop has hours for seniors to shop it’s early in the morning
Deccicious alson

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:24 am
For real, with all the kids and often the parents home all day every day, we really are using way more.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:22 am
southernbubby wrote:
Although I had toilet paper in the house, I did buy 2 more 6 packs which isn't exactly a hoard.
Someone made a joke about those post-partum squirt bottles but that really might work to use less toilet paper.

Luckily, I see that these are 12 packs and not 6 packs.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:24 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Stop and shop has hours for seniors to shop it’s early in the morning
Deccicious alson

Thursdays at 6 a.m but that doesn't guarantee that they sell toilet paper or any other hot item.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:26 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
For real, with all the kids and often the parents home all day every day, we really are using way more.

I did see that Hatzlacha grocery had a few packages of wipes left and for kids, one wipe often takes the place of lots of toilet paper but you can't flush wipes.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:30 am
I'm just grateful my cats aren't obsessed with toilet paper. I've had cats in the past who could shred a roll in 5 minutes flat.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics