Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Social distancing big supermarket erev pesach

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:00 am
I think most of us are taking this situation seriously and doing our part to stop the spread. I think we are all a little lax with shopping for food where we just go in the store, do what we gotta do, and leave.
I just went to a very well know popular jewish supermarket (not in bklyn) and the department of environmental services was there enforcing that the store adhere to a limited amount of people inside at a time based on their square footage.
This just won't work with pesach approaching. Take a store like bingo. (The store I saw this at was NOT bingo). Imagine only 35 people at a time are allowed in bingo for the next few weeks?
We will I'h all get thru this but this could be an issue.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:08 am
Sounds like longer lines to get into the store but shorter lines while you’re in there.

That or order delivery

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:20 am
You might not be able to get delivery. My store had suspended delivery for two weeks, bc we are still working on the deliveries from last week.

Delivery restrictions may be coming out.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:54 am
Even if stores can't deliver, could they prepare the order, box it up, and bring it to your car?

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 6:00 am
southernbubby wrote:
Even if stores can't deliver, could they prepare the order, box it up, and bring it to your car?

If there are enough shoppers, maybe. But we've been having to pull ppl from every department to help bag.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 6:31 am
singleagain wrote:
If there are enough shoppers, maybe. But we've been having to pull ppl from every department to help bag.

Would it be cost effective for the store to hire people to box up orders that customers can pick up?

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 6:36 am
southernbubby wrote:
Would it be cost effective for the store to hire people to box up orders that customers can pick up?

Maybe I don't know. I only work in the office. I suggest calling. But be paitents bc it might take a while to get to the mangers.

Amarante

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 7:15 am
You can't say it won't work. The restrictions are intended to flatten the curve so people don't die if medical facilities don't have enough equipment and personnel to take care of a huge number of people needing care at the same time.

Are you planning to defy the best advice of medical professionals and put yourself in a crowd to possibly infect yourself and everyone else you come in contact with?

There were long lines in many grocery stores because only a certain number of people were allowed in at the same time. People either waited on line or decided to come back when they could wait. Try shopping first thing when the lines are probably shorter.

Delivery is difficult at the moment because there is such a high demand. I ordered for delivery on Sunday and the soonest I could get was NEXT Sunday - and then I received an email saying that my delivery was cancelled.

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 7:39 am
We don't have enough shoppers to shop orders for delivery and in stores.

By the time it would take to hire and train new people it wouldn't be cost effective.

The good news is we are still open. And we are still getting stock.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 7:39 am
DIL in CH got email saying that grocery delivery should only be for those who need and only those items that they absolutely need and were asking the public not to over burden the system.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics