Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Let's keep the atmosphere here pleasant!

Yael

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:54 am
Hello everyone!

I know tensions are running high right now. Everyone is anxious and nervous about the coronavirus and its impact on our lives. Many of us are shut in our homes with imamother as one of our only social outlets. Imamother is here for you, to keep you entertained and to answer your questions. Our servers are stronger than we expect to need and we can handle the extra traffic.

The important thing to remember is to keep your interactions with each other pleasant and friendly. We have enough tension already, we don't need added tension from fighting in threads. Please do your part to keep Imamother happy, spread some good humor, post jokes, play games and have fun!

This is not the time for intense debating, and arguing. Interesting conversations are entertaining, fighting is not. This is a time of unity, and helping each other. Keep the atmosphere pleasant and lighthearted. If someone is feeling anxious, do your part to reassure them. If you are worried, post and we will be there for you.

We are all in this together!

Heart Yael

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:57 am
Thank you Yael!

I think I can speak for a lot of people, when I say that right now this board is our major source of social interaction.

It makes being cooped up not so lonely, when you can "talk" to others. I'd probably be climbing the walls without this forum!

Blessing1

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:58 am
Thank you!!

MiriFr

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:01 pm
Thanks! How can I block the coronavirus thread?
I come on here for a simple recipe, and I'm swamped with the panic here!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:05 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Thanks! How can I block the coronavirus thread?
I come on here for a simple recipe, and I'm swamped with the panic here!

There is something where you can see all of the choices and block the forums that you don't want.

Yael

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:09 pm
click on preferences and choose what you'd like to block.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:21 pm
Can we get a "Thread Games" forum, pretty please?

Yael

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:25 pm
we have a games forum already here: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....?f=73

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 12:26 pm
Oh, I thought that was for discussions about board games/video games.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:23 pm
It's a serious issue. We shouldn't encourage people to make light of it either or they might not take isolation from others seriously. We know this is a problem by some people.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:27 pm
ectomorph wrote:
It's a serious issue. We shouldn't encourage people to make light of it either or they might not take isolation from others seriously. We know this is a problem by some people.

It's of course a serious issue but it's going to help many anxious people if someone will play a game with them or share a joke.

Just One

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:27 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Here we go... It's refreshing to hear different ideas and perspectives. Please don't shut that down

Yael

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:46 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Absolutely it’s a serious issue. Nothing wrong with having a serious discussion but there’s no need to add extra tension through fighting. I’m confident that everyone is capable of being careful to post in a kind and respectful manner even in a serious discussion. Please do your part in keeping things civil.

Wife1

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:19 pm
😊 thank you

my mama

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 6:15 pm
And can anything coronavirus related please be kept to the coronavirus forum? I have that blocked but I'm still swamped with so many other corona-related threads on other forums

saralem

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 7:08 pm
I totally agree, Yael. Although the situation is serious, we will all benefit from finding the good in what we have. One of my married daughters who can sometimes become easily overwhelmed, is so inspired by her children learning in their online programs. Kol hakavod to her. She could be complaining about losing her parnasa and being cooped up with her lively kids. And she’s not! I’m taking a lesson from her and working on being more kind and pleasant.

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:02 pm
I’m not sure this announcement is working. I feel like most of these corona threads have become another way to point an accusatory finger against someone else who isn’t doing what you’re doing. There’s a lot of anger and hysteria and if you ask the people most upset, they personally haven’t been sick or lost anyone. They’re just scared.

But maybe I should just come back to Imamother in a few weeks when this is mostly simmering down? I love this place and it makes me sad to read so many very angry people, aimed at specific Jewish communities and specific age groups.

keym

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 9:05 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
I’m not sure this announcement is working. I feel like most of these corona threads have become another way to point an accusatory finger against someone else who isn’t doing what you’re doing. There’s a lot of anger and hysteria and if you ask the people most upset, they personally haven’t been sick or lost anyone. They’re just scared.

But maybe I should just come back to Imamother in a few weeks when this is mostly simmering down? I love this place and it makes me sad to read so many very angry people, aimed at specific Jewish communities and specific age groups.

You can block the whole corona topic.
That will keep the worst of it off your home screen.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 10:07 am
Seriously! I come here for support and entrainment during this time and for some reason all I get is anxiety and anger from these threads Sad

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 10:08 am
Yup. It’s been very angry here lately. I guess people are venting their frustrations here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics