Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why would anyone set a wedding date in these times?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:11 pm
are people living in a bubble? In denial? Or do they hope and expect this whole thing will blow over by the time their wedding date comes around?
does it even make sense to book a large hall now for june time?

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:35 pm
People are not just gona postpone weddings for two years from now.

It makes sense to book for June and I am 100% sure people/halls are making reservations with an "in case" clause.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:39 pm
I don't know about halls, but June is the perfect time to have an outdoor wedding. Renting a couple of really big party tents would solve a lot of problems. Lots of room to move around, lots of fresh air, shelter in case of a sudden rain shower.

I'll bet you that if you want to get married this summer, tent rentals are going to go a lot faster than hall rentals.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:46 pm
It's a mitzvah to get married and the big crowd is completely unnecessary.

I'm hoping my son gets engaged soon so we can get away with a small wedding.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:51 pm
Here in Brooklyn all halls are booked for the entire June, even July and August!
Good luck dini don’t a date in sept or October!

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:57 pm
Optimism? Denial?

We have a small venue reserved for our daughter's bat mitzvah at the end of May but we haven't put down any deposits yet. A few of her classmates who had events scheduled the past week and in the next few weeks have either cancelled or postponed until June. I feel bad for them but worse for the bar mitzvah boys who spent a year learning their parsha and then weren't able to lein.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 4:59 pm
Getting married isn't just about the wedding day. Why should people hold off??

I guess they're tentatively booking halls on the chance that this will be over by then.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:31 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
Getting married isn't just about the wedding day. Why should people hold off??

I guess they're tentatively booking halls on the chance that this will be over by then.

I agree but then why book a really big hall now? I hear schools will most likely be canceled until the end of the year. a big wedding now is not realistic even for june.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I agree but then why book a really big hall now? I hear schools will most likely be canceled until the end of the year. a big wedding now is not realistic even for june.

If the halls allow them to do it with a refundable deposit depending on the pandemic situation then it makes sense. Nothing wrong with having some optimism however unlikely it may seem.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 5:47 pm
Thanks to optimistic people the halls are still being booked. We were going to book in June but were told the deposit was non refundable. So we're booking in August instead.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics