Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What's up with home based playgroups?
Previous  1  2  3

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:16 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Right because of logistical planning that delayed closures until tomorrow. You could have made a smarter and more responsible decision for your own child and community sooner.

What’s your problem? Seriously??

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:22 am
SuperWify wrote:
What’s your problem? Seriously??

Honestly I'm finding it ironic that a lot of people who are going crazy about people wanting to continue to send to day cares have largely made an equally irresponsible choice these past two days and relied on the convenience of schools being open because the public system needed the extra time for logistical planning.

I'm team kept the kids home since before the weekend because medical advice has been saying it will save lives. But in Lakewood that only became popular as of this morning, maybe yesterday.

I'm sorry it's not a personal vendetta your post on this thread just stood out to me as ironic.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:41 am
Honestly I'm finding it ironic that a lot of people who are going crazy about people wanting to continue to send to day cares have largely made an equally irresponsible choice these past two days and relied on the convenience of schools being open because the public system needed the extra time for logistical planning.

I'm team kept the kids home since before the weekend because medical advice has been saying it will save lives. But in Lakewood that only became popular as of this morning, maybe yesterday.

I'm sorry it's not a personal vendetta your post on this thread just stood out to me as ironic.

I have really valid reasons but I refuse to be brought down on my knees in front of the anonymous Imamother courtroom judge who has something personal against me.

Show me who you really are and I’ll give you an answer or you can go fly a kite. (Yes, you can. You can go to a deserted park there is no danger as long as you stay off the playground.)

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:45 am
SuperWify wrote:
I have really valid reasons but I refuse to be brought down on my knees in front of the anonymous Imamother courtroom judge who has something personal against me.

Show me who you really are and I’ll give you an answer or you can go fly a kite. (Yes, you can. You can go to a deserted park there is no danger as long as you stay off the playground.)

Again, really nothing personal against you I don't even know you. I'm just dissapointed in us, all of us, at this time. So many clear pleas from frum healthcare workers on the front lines and yet an entire Lakewood continued to send their children to school an extra two days. Continued to go to grocery stores as regular. I was just pointing out the irony. Those mother's who want to continue to send to daycare are technically only two days stupider and more selfish than everyone else here.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:52 am
Again, really nothing personal against you I don't even know you. I'm just dissapointed in us, all of us, at this time. So many clear pleas from frum healthcare workers on the front lines and yet an entire Lakewood continued to send their children to school an extra two days. Continued to go to grocery stores as regular. I was just pointing out the irony. Those mother's who want to continue to send to daycare are technically only two days stupider and more selfish than everyone else here.

Gee thanks for making me feel wonderful. Angry

What a way to start my day. Being told I’m selfish and stupid but it’s really not personal.

Lady, I don’t know what your problem is but you should really stop bringing people to tears in a stressful time such as this.

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:58 am
why would dr shanik even give this advice that basically every healthcare worker is contradicting? I am so confused. Does he realize how serious it is that there will be more people than equipment soon?

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 10:05 am
SuperWify wrote:
Gee thanks for making me feel wonderful. Angry

What a way to start my day. Being told I’m selfish and stupid but it’s really not personal.

Lady, I don’t know what your problem is but you should really stop bringing people to tears in a stressful time such as this.

Collectively the Lakewood community, we could have done better and we still can.

My apologies really, your post was a spring board for my frustrations but it was not and is still not singularly personal.

May we all stay sane and safe

mig100

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:42 pm
dear Lakewood moms and residents,

I apologize in advance if I say anything hurtful here.

I will try to be as factual and unemotional as possible. I will leave my opinions out of this.

here are the facts with a timeline

around March 7: the monsey was hit with many cases before purim.

march 9th taanis Esther hatzolah put out letter begging us to cancel purim parties in tristate area ()
of course, no one took it seriously ( myself included)

march 12th: Teaneck closed all shuls, schools, canceled wedding, levayos, playdates, guests etc etc
it sounded extreme to many. Brooklyn residents kept going to shul and work.

March 18:
almost all or all shuls in brooklyn are closed.
we have 3 people in crown height on ventilators ( possibly more by now)
boropark was found to have many cases. ( many started in bobov at their tish on Purim)

I dont think anyone in brooklyn is laughing at hatzalahs suggestion to cancel Purim parties anymore.

this all happened in 10 short days.

do we see a pattern here??
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries