Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Awesome things about how COVID-19 affects you- spoof!
Previous  1  2

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 2:06 am
I love how frum the world is getting!

- Nobody talks Lashon Hara anymore... just about corona.
- Everyone is Shomer Negiah.
- The inappropriate bars are closed.
- Everyone washes their hands before eating bread.
- Nobody is wasting time watching sports.
- People are finally planning to stay home and run a family seder instead of having a gourmet experience at a Pesach hotel.
- There was a National Day of Prayer.
- All Jewish kids stopped going to public school.

It's just amazing!

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:43 am
The ride to work takes half the time, and I get half the bus to myself.

Only 100 people are allowed in the supermarket at once- no lines.

I get my temperature checked (at the entrance to said supermarket)- when was the last time that happened?

No work on Friday!!!! ('cuz no buses)

The buses are super clean and disinfected every day. So are the supermarkets.

When I have a headache I'm sent straight home.

The local grocery delivers.

ora_43

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 6:40 am
World's best excuse for everything

- I can't do the Pesach cleaning, because I'm too busy juggling homeschooling and work

- Between work and cleaning, I can't spend much time tutoring the kids

- I have to clean for Pesach *and* help my kids keep up in school, so obviously I can't work all my usual hours.

... I just have to be careful which excuse I use with who.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 6:59 am
I've discovered that single-use face masks are actually quite robust and reusable! Have been using the same one for a week Puke. I work in a health care setting and should be wearing a mask for every contact with patients. My employer should supply us with masks but they just shrug and say they unfortunately can't get any to give us because there are no masks. Tried to buy privately but no pharmacy has them either, that is, one pharmacist I know gave me 5 masks from a package she was hiding under the counter. They are my iron reserve. I'd really love to kick all who hoarded masks and don't really need them in the rear end!

Anyway, if I don't get corona, maybe I'll grow some phantastic new nose fungus under that mask. Or get into the Guiness book of records for the longest documented use of a single-use face mask.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:10 am
Crimson I may have some. I definitely have the kiddie sz. But I’ll check if I have adult sz left (and no I didn’t buy them/hoard them)
Also, if you can rotate a few & then put them in a mesh bag & wash on hot with vinegar in the cycle. They wash pretty well.
And of course a huge thank you to you and all other health care workers!

ETA pm me if you’re in Brooklyn & want to get some

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:26 am
I haven’t had to put on tights in days. I only wear my sheitel for my two hours of “live “ meetings. The rest of the day it’s off.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:03 am
skin to skin every day with my baby
just put lotion on my entire body which I have actually NEVER done even when single, let alone after marriage and kids

ETA
doing projects in the house that I KEPT wanting to do but was NEVER getting around to doing

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:03 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Crimson I may have some. I definitely have the kiddie sz. But I’ll check if I have adult sz left (and no I didn’t buy them/hoard them)
Also, if you can rotate a few & then put them in a mesh bag & wash on hot with vinegar in the cycle. They wash pretty well.
And of course a huge thank you to you and all other health care workers!

ETA pm me if you’re in Brooklyn & want to get some

Thanks Smile Can't take that offer though - I'm Israel. Guess airmail also doesn't work the way it used to these days. But I got lucky today anyway - a medic just gave me another mask. Said that it's guaranteed unused.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 11:35 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I don’t get how it’s a funny topic.
So don't laugh.

Go in a corner and sulk.

Proven to work better.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:13 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I've discovered that single-use face masks are actually quite robust and reusable! Have been using the same one for a week Puke. I work in a health care setting and should be wearing a mask for every contact with patients. My employer should supply us with masks but they just shrug and say they unfortunately can't get any to give us because there are no masks. Tried to buy privately but no pharmacy has them either, that is, one pharmacist I know gave me 5 masks from a package she was hiding under the counter. They are my iron reserve. I'd really love to kick all who hoarded masks and don't really need them in the rear end!

Anyway, if I don't get corona, maybe I'll grow some phantastic new nose fungus under that mask. Or get into the Guiness book of records for the longest documented use of a single-use face mask.

My mask is single use! We are allocated 1/day and we are required to wear it for the duration of the day while we are in the building. (9 hours straight). Even when I am not on the clinic floor and in my office typing, I am still required to keep in on (my supervisor came to check that I was wearing it behind a closed door.

See-single 9 hour use.
I guess I should be appreciative that they give us a new one every day. Thank you for helping me appreciate what I do have.

I know it is not easy going in to work, especially when you feel like you are walking into a perti dish. Thank you for all that you do. Tizku li'mitzvot.

Goldie613

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:24 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Except that tote bags supposedly spread germs.

Was mentioning that someone yesterday - how this was the wrong time for that ban!

Goldie613

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:29 pm
Started emptying some of the shelves early, since we're home anyway. Had a good eyeroll over the various bits of stuff from last Pesach we still had (Pesach chocolate chips, anyone?)...and now, the real plus -

- you find all the nosh that was tucked away now, so you have a few extra weeks to eat it!

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:35 pm
My kids' charge card bills went down.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:32 pm
my kids are in a good mood.
They hate school. They hate being told what to do.
Life is good.

Although I do want to vintch :
May hshem heal all sick people and may the epidemic stop right away.

ora_43

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:35 pm
I had a driving lesson Sunday, before the latest restrictions. The roads were pretty quiet, which is good, because I'm a terrible driver. The fewer people I can potentially crash into, the better.

I remember thinking: wow, I may be the one person whose odds of hospitalization went down thanks to this virus.

And now I won't have driving lessons at all! My long-term health prospects are looking better and better.

isrmss91

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
I used to be careful not to keep cash in plain view in my parked car. Now I don't worry about the cash as long as the purell bottle is out if sight Wink

just make sure to hide keep your toilet paper out of plain sight! Twisted Evil . No joke, an SUV was broken into for the toilet paper!! https://www.newsweek.com/orego.....92921

flowerpower

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:52 pm
No neighbors knocking on my door. Peace and quiet here.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics