Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Husband cannot get home

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 11:34 am
I spent the last 3 days getting my children home. I was fine with the technicalities of getting the kids home, the packing, the driving, the physical stuff. Now my husband is stuck across the border helping his ailing mother and cannot get home. He needs to be with her, there is no question about that. But now I am completely losing it. I have no idea when he might be able to return. I can hardly breathe but I am trying to put on a good face for my children. My whole body aches.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 11:39 am
Oh my goodness OP thats so hard! I dont know what to say, I would go out of my mind....sending you hugs and strength...what craziness. IH soon this will all be a distant memory that we talk about

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:16 pm
That is very very very difficult. I feel for you very much! You can do this, you will have the strength. Enjoy spending all this time with your children and making precious memories together. Facetime with your husband regularly. Date him like in the past. You got this, tough as it is. (((Hugs)))

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 12:21 pm
That is so hard to be on your own now.
Even if they close the borders if he is a citizen he will be allowed in. The question is just transportation. If it’s drivable I believe citizens can still drive across borders.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 1:10 pm
Thanks everyone. He can legally come home but his mother is very ill and he is the only one in his family who can help. I completely understand that he needs to be there for her but it is stressing me to breaking point. I know we'll get through this but it is very hard to be without him.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Mar 18 2020, 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

pause

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 1:11 pm
Your last post wasn't anonymous.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 1:17 pm
You are amazing!!
Just keep telling yourself that you are doing the right thing.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:45 pm
I am so so sorry! Hug

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:52 pm
Wow, that sounds incredibly difficult! Please hang in there. Take it moment by moment. May you feel Hashem with you the whole time.

simba

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:57 pm
Can you go join him??

crust

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:58 pm
simba wrote:
Can you go join him??

With the kids?

shevi82

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:03 pm
So hard! At such stressful times.
It should be a zecus fof your family. You should all stay well.
Kibbud aim, big mitzva!!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:14 pm
your zoche to a big mitzva.

my father always told us he'd give everything to see his mom who passed away at 17. Because of his perspective I had my husband travel often and overseas to see his mom and sent my children. tickets; money; time; overhaul of daily life; headache

yours is greater cause its in a beyond crazy time. but you are zoche to do something great. Give yourself and husband chizzuk...

Cheiny

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone. He can legally come home but his mother is very ill and he is the only one in his family who can help. I completely understand that he needs to be there for her but it is stressing me to breaking point. I know we'll get through this but it is very hard to be without him.

Tell yourself this is what Hashem wants right now for you and your family, and may the zechus of his tremendous kibud eim help to keep your whole family safe.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:09 pm
It’s hard! I’m a single mom and this is a real challenge... Hopefully your husband will be back soon

SisterSix

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:12 pm
simba wrote:
Can you go join him??

She’s exhibiting symptoms hers
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics